Author Topic: prescott hill climb  (Read 9595 times)

Offline nigeldodd

• Not said much yet
prescott hill climb
« on: 22 May 2018, 11:18 »
I live close to Prescott where there is a beautifully tarmaced twisty road up a hill. I'd love to take my gti on it but they only seem to offer an instruction course for approx £200 although, apparently, Peugeot have a deal with the Prescott organisers. I was wondering if VW also did or whether there was another way of getting a couple of blasts up that hill in my Gti.

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
Re: prescott hill climb
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2018, 18:24 »
I did the Prescott Hillclimb School day several years ago when I had my Caterham, and a good day it was too.

At the time the course was run by the great Roy Lane, sadly no longer with us, and consisted of classroom instruction, a walk up the hill with instruction on lines, clipping points etc, then individual runs which were video'd and replayed over lunch with commentary and sometimes uncompromising critique from Mr Lane.  More runs followed during the afternoon, similar format with commentary and mickey-taking over tea.

Prescott is owned by the Bugatti Owners' Club, and there will be insurance issues preventing just anybody having a hooray up the hill.  Book yourself a place on a School day, it's very enjoyable and you get to know the hill and its' many traps for the unwary.