Author Topic: FAA GOLF GTI & CLASSIC TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2010 (YOUTUBE VIDEO)  (Read 2067 times)

Offline 333SPEAR

• Just got here
Hi to all GTI nuts and racers,

I have been following your forum for some time, as a couple of friends and I, living in Spain have entered a team into the FAA Golf GTI & Classic Touring Car Championship 2010 and would like to get hints, help, and just keep in touch with fellow GTI racers.

My standard (refurbished motor & Gearbox + FAA regulation race/safety kit) 1986 Mk2 GTI is not the fastest and about mid pack for speed, but Im an experienced trackday racer & the 2009 "TIME ATTACK" winner in Spain (race prepared Westfield), so hoped to do well in the FAA Golf championship, I came 4th in the first race, and won the second race, by punishing all those in-front that made mistakes and amazingly leading the championship by 1 point after 2 races, although I do not expect to be so lucky in the future. We are about to participate in races 3 & 4 this weekend in Almeria Circuit.

The classic Golf’s will race with the classic touring cars between each round of the main FAA Touring Car Championships. The GTI championship will have their own trophies and winners prize money. The cars have to be a Mk 2 Golf GTI 1.8cc with 8 valves, the cars have to remain standard apart from the mandatory FAA race & safety equipment (racing suspension, engine mounts, anti roll bars, straight through racing exhaust pipe, roll cage, fire extinguisher etc.) that has to be fitted for racing.
There will be 12 races to be held throughout the year in Andalucia that will take in circuits such as Jerez, Ascari, Monteblanco and the Tabernas circuit in Almeria. See race dates below.

Guadix Circuit
24th Abril: Practice
25th Abril: Qualifying and 2 races

Tabernas Circuit (Almeria)
15th Mayo: Practice
16th Mayo: Qualifying and 2 races

Moteblanco Circuit (awaiting final confirmation)
26th Junio: Practice
27th Junio: Qualifying and 2 races

Guadix Circuit
25th Septembre: Practice
26th Septembre: Qualifying and 2 races

Ascari Curcuit
30th Octubre: Practice
31st Octubre: Qualifying and 2 races

Jerez Circuit
4th Diciembre: Practice
5th Dicienbre: Qualifying and 2 races

I have attached my latest youtube link of the first meeting/2 races, for those interested, hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/333spear#p/u/0/oRSqkYh_92s

Cheers,

SPEAR
« Last Edit: 13 May 2010, 11:11 by 333SPEAR »

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Not sure how I missed this before but that is epic! Love how the car is still on British plates. Keep us posted on your progress.

nick

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
Looks like you did well and had a lot of fun.

Paul