Author Topic: cars for breaking section  (Read 5742 times)

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: cars for breaking section
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2007, 13:27 »
I never knew about this. :shocked: It sounds like a nightmare. Some car parts are going to rocket in price now and there could also be a rise in car related crime as people pinch some of the rarer stuff of other people's cars. :angry: I know this does happen, but there will be a lot more rare parts that people are after, if you see what I mean.
......now officially dubless.

Offline robiwill

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2007, 14:06 »
to name a few...
bbs  centre caps, side trims etc going to have to get them all micro dotted

but your right parts will go up
and up
and up

although from speaking to ebay re breaking cars they are looking at only allowing people with an ELV licence to sell used parts on ebay, which should limit the appeal of the low life scum nicking bits from peoples cars

and that might stop the huge amount of you are bidding for a wheel nut rubbish on ebay aswell, number of our customers who say they fall for this and go out of ebay and the parts they get arnt worth scrap and no come back at all

after all how many sets of bbs centre caps are listed on ebay as it is now!

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 20 April 2007, 14:15 »
what a load of wank that is, if the government can think of anything else to make life more difficult then they will do it wont they!

well at least the only car I may be breaking has been in my possesion for nearly 2 years and was actually used as my car. but if thats the case with parts becoming rarer then i might completely gut it out and then keep bits that may come in handy one day, binnacles etc.

Offline robiwill

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2007, 14:39 »
Neaty yes couldnt agree more, we will be liecenced soon and back on all 6 cylinders.
and being a forumite try to keep prices fair for you guys apart from stuff we know is in high demand leather splitz etc
yes if you have a car you have owned for two years you can gut it and nothing big brother goverment can do about it so long as you dispose of the waste in the correct fashion

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2007, 15:34 »
Neaty yes couldnt agree more, we will be liecenced soon and back on all 6 cylinders.
and being a forumite try to keep prices fair for you guys apart from stuff we know is in high demand leather splitz etc
yes if you have a car you have owned for two years you can gut it and nothing big brother goverment can do about it so long as you dispose of the waste in the correct fashion

cool well I will keep you guys in mind for any parts i may need. Is it just a case of the government trying new ways to get more and more old cars off the road, making spare parts more and more expensive and hard to come by?

yea there is a scrappy near by that i used to weigh in my scirocco and my mate weighed in his golf too.

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 22 April 2007, 22:24 »
Bloody ell :rolleyes:

This law stuff is taking the piss

The local gippo will take the shell for free  :laugh:
:)

Offline robiwill

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 22 April 2007, 23:41 »
yes but the gypo dont give you a rcot for it and if anything from the car they take from you is found disgarded in say a field your the one they fine as you didnt get an authorised waste carrier to remove the car for you they are F@ckers

Neaty did the right thing and used a proper scrap yard

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2007, 17:33 »
Rob this is interesting.
 :wink:
« Last Edit: 25 April 2007, 18:55 by Mr Blue »
:)

Offline robiwill

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 23 April 2007, 17:51 »
you will be treated as a trader as you havnt owned the car for long enough and you are breaking for profit so be careful would be my advice as if you are caught you will face big problems, undeclared earnings, this can be back dated and with the forum as a trail easy to prove,
breach of enviroment laws as to the breaking of cars you must have a ELV licence or and exemption certificate and be able to prove that the cars you have in to  break have allready been depolouted by a registared agent and you will be required to hold documented proof of this. then you need a waste carriers licence to take it to your premises and then you can dismantle the car inside a workshop but you can not store the car outside unless the gound has been treated even if its concrete allready.
then you need the shelll or whats left to be removed from a waste carrier again you will need to hold documented proof of this and then you get the destruction certificate for the car.

oh and of course you must be able to show documented proof of the disposal of oil. antifreeze, tyres batteries etc