Author Topic: Competition - Audi S3  (Read 4102 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Competition - Audi S3
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2020, 07:29 »
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #11 on: 15 August 2020, 10:54 »
I don't have a problem with a milkfloat as my daily as I plan to always have 3 other petrol cars for the rest of time. What I don't like about milkfloats is that all have to look unlike a standard car.
I actually quite like the Bini Cooper SE but I would have range worries as i get it in petrol cars when it drops below 100 miles! The price of EVs is just to high imo at the moment.
The ID3 did interest me abit but as a daily I don't want RWD up here for what i will use this one for. 4WD would be my ideal choice.
 Teslas just look like molds we had as kids for jelly and im sure the build and that tablet would irritate the sh!t out of me daily.

Exonian i know the feeling.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 15 August 2020, 15:03 »
Tesla build is typical American car build (and I mean ones built in America, not a Ford built in Europe), bad panel fit, thin cheap metal and ghastly interior - plus absolutely no exterior aesthetics at all.

I know from a battery range perspective nobody gets close, but the rest of the car is terrible - especially when you consider the price tag.

Every reason why imported cars wiped out US made cars in the 20th century.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 16 August 2020, 23:54 »
The MINI Cooper SE is properly quick at the speeds where you want a MINI to be quick and to be honest a MINI isn’t a long distance car. BMW know that and have the package about right.
I’d settle for an 80 mile range if it had a JCW bodykit and an extra 30 or so BHP! I’d just jump on a train for longer journeys or keep a Diesel second car.

Teslas do indeed look like jelly moulds and remind me of the original Ford Sierras.
They’re purely aimed at ex-3 series company car drivers who want speed and tax avoidance. Fully throw away vehicles so build quality is probably of minimal concern.
Hats off to Elon Musk as he’s a bit of an interesting/curious character and a man of our time, and isn’t he shacked up with Grimes? She’s proper batsh!t eccentric and wonderfully so which is such a breath of fresh air in a world of corporate blandness.

A 4wd ID.3 R would be really interesting aside from having an interior made of badly recycled Tupperware.
So long as it went like a Tesla I could forgive it that.
Shame Tesla don’t do a Golf sized hatch, potentially it could be fun!

Anyway, back on topic, a Turbo Blue S3 in Vorsprung spec looks pretty appealing to these old eyes.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 18 August 2020, 09:44 »
That S3 dashboard  :sick: Them vents!  : :sick:
Sorry don't think I could live with that dashboard day in day out.
Fronts ends overstyled imo too.
Sad to say but I'm still thinking of finding a last of 7.5R or RS3 as the new generation just repel me at the moment sadly  :sad:

Think my next car route will be to keep the TCR where usually make the change every 3 years (Quattro> Quattro > GTD > R > TCR)

And the only other two options have are seeing how the A35 AMG evolves and more favoured going for an RS 3 which aside from a Porsche is the only scratch not itched.

About 6 year old RS3 with putting money not spending on a new car into the maintaining it pot is likeliest if ever moved on from TCR, which actually cannot see that happening for quite few years, till the time it turns into the second car, modern classic

The TCR just ticks everything for me, great fun on a solo run the other day in sport, leisurely miss daisy trip out with my elderly mum last week, and filled to the brim bringing daughter home from her Uni flat this weekend. - looks great, does everything. = keeper.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC