Author Topic: Joined the club... and now phone blues  (Read 3615 times)

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
Joined the club... and now phone blues
« on: 31 October 2014, 17:36 »
Okay, so I am now a very proud owner of a 5 month old MK7 GTI PP in CSG which came with Discover Nav Pro (DNP). It only got delivered yesterday so not had the chance to mess around with it much but I did try to pair my phone today but am having problems  :sad:

I have a blackberry bold 9900 with software version 7.1.0.2061 and according to VW this is a compatible phone, yet I can't get it to function with with the DNP.

When the DNP is searching for devices it finds my phone and I managed once to get it paired and it showed a PIN code on both DNP and phone which I confirmed but after I done that it went to a screen which said that the profile was not activated???

So, I am doing something wrong and can't for the life of me figure out what!  :embarrassed:

Anyone got an idiots guide to pairing your phone?

Love the car, brilliant drive though I have got a few creaks coming from the sunroof so guess I will have to try the lubrication solution.
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: Joined the club... and now phone blues
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2014, 18:30 »
Delete any pairings the phone has of the car and likewise the car has of the phone.
Reboot your phone and turn your ignition off and on.
I've found this usually helps when trying to pair bluetooth devices.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2014, 19:52 »
Delete any pairings the phone has of the car and likewise the car has of the phone.
Reboot your phone and turn your ignition off and on.

Cheers  :wink:

I will give this a try in the morning when I've got a clearer head!
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2014, 20:03 »
Try clearing all the old pairings as well, if it's an ex demo then it's probably got all the salesmens phones paired to it?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2014, 21:25 »
Delete and start again, I linked the iPhone 6 to mine last week and was easy to DNP

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 01 November 2014, 11:06 »
Thanks for the input guys.

Finally got it to  work and it was all down to my BB settings  :rolleyes:  I had to activate handsfree in the services settings and 'hey presto' it paired straightaway and I was able to import contacts, etc and use the phone settings.

Was pleasantly surprised that it imported my photos for contacts too - didn't know it done that - well impressed  :smiley:

On another note when I bought the car the dealer told me that it had DCC and when I done the test drive I never played around with any settings, just took the dealer at his word. Read the manual properly last night - I know... who reads a manual? I do  :tongue: and went to play around with settings but now I find that the car doesn't have DCC fitted as show below - gutted is the word!!

Have I got any comeback against the dealer on this?

7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 01 November 2014, 11:15 »
I'd imagine you'd only have come back if the DCC is written on your invoice, otherwise it'd be easy for them to deny saying it had it.

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 01 November 2014, 11:24 »
Should point out that the car was bought used and all the invoice states is that it is a Golf Hatchback 2.0 GTI 5dr DSG (Performance Pack). No mention of any of the optional extras fitted but during my initial enquiries with the salesman via email I specifically said,

"Tempting as it is, sadly it is lacking a couple of additional options that I am after, such as the adaptive chassis control, telephone and rear view camera." (note neither of these option were mentioned in the original advert either)

The salesman's reply was, "The car has Bluetooth Telephone Connectivity and Adaptive Chassis settings for different styles of driving, Sport, Normal, Economy and Comfort but not the reverse camera which is quite a rare option."

and it was based on this reply that I went for a test drive and bought the car. Now I've never drive a GTI with DCC so don't know the difference but from what everyone has been saying it is a real benefit and transforms the car.
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 01 November 2014, 15:03 »
He's talking ballocks about the rear camera bring rare. He has in writing said it has adaptive chassis so you've got everything you need to complain about being misled and selling you something it doesn't have. I do think most salesman know f*** all about the product they are selling which is really disappointing in this day and age. I'd be complaining.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 01 November 2014, 17:54 »
I'd be complaining.

I'd be complaining too. I ask them what they're going to do about it, as the car you've got isn't the car you thought you were buying. I'd push the dealer for some freebies such as servicing and accessories.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl