Author Topic: HIDs....  (Read 4349 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: HIDs....
« Reply #10 on: 27 October 2014, 07:54 »

These are the ones I have been looking at. But want to seem how they look and fit first.

http://www.xenonz.co.uk/store/p92/GOLF_MK6_GTI%2FGTD_STYLE_LED_DRL_PROJECTOR_HEADLIGHTS_.html

As I've said many times before, these lights have essentially an aftermarket HID kit in them, meaning they take a second or two to warm up to full brightness. Fine once they are on as the bi-xenon lamp serves both dip and main beam via a shutter behind the lens, but not so good when you need full power main beam to flash when the lights are turned off.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2014, 15:15 »
I actually have those xenonz reps and 6000k HID's in. Looks the part! Even my local VW dealer loved em. Although what dubber said is right, takes about a second for the HID's to warm up and its damn annoying. Looks chav blue before it goes white!
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2014, 19:05 »
I actually have those xenonz reps and 6000k HID's in. Looks the part! Even my local VW dealer loved em. Although what dubber said is right, takes about a second for the HID's to warm up and its damn annoying. Looks chav blue before it goes white!

Where you from in nroth east jaygtd?

you got any pics of them mate? If there good think il get same as you..  :nerd:
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 31 October 2014, 19:41 »

Newcastle mate, work in cramlington.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=246903.1730

Here you go! Sorry, on my phone!

Here are some before with 4300k HID's. http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=267480.0

Jay
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #14 on: 01 November 2014, 09:42 »

Here are some before with 4300k HID's. http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=267480.0

Jay

spot on mate thanks for that! Im just down the road in Sunderland. work up in scotswood road like!

guna try change the halogen standard drl bulb to a led today see if that's looks better at all..  :rolleyes:
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2014, 11:09 »

Jay

spot on mate thanks for that! Im just down the road in Sunderland. work up in scotswood road like!

guna try change the halogen standard drl bulb to a led today see if that's looks better at all..  :rolleyes:

Local lad! Those DRL bulbs are really hard to reach haha, good luck! One word of warning though if you do go for the xenonz, they're really easy to fit but a pain in the ass to code. You even need to jump a couple wires if you want them working like OEM

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2014, 13:00 »

Jay

Local lad! Those DRL bulbs are really hard to reach haha, good luck! One word of warning though if you do go for the xenonz, they're really easy to fit but a pain in the ass to code. You even need to jump a couple wires if you want them working like OEM

Yeah i tried few month ago to change them to leds but couldn't reach. going out to my motor now to have a go now.. think its just the sidelight i can change not the drl as its a h15 isnt it and thats the full beam bulb too..

had it in a vw dealer this morning there and they said for mirror puddle lights  £50 for just fitting of them( me providing my own leds)   obviously told them where to stick that.. just i have a feeling ill crack the mirror  :cry:

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 02 November 2014, 08:08 »
Yeah i tried few month ago to change them to leds but couldn't reach. going out to my motor now to have a go now.. think its just the sidelight i can change not the drl as its a h15 isnt it and thats the full beam bulb too..

had it in a vw dealer this morning there and they said for mirror puddle lights  £50 for just fitting of them( me providing my own leds)   obviously told them where to stick that.. just i have a feeling ill crack the mirror  :cry:

I would like to introduce you to ebay :p actually aftermarket H15's have been available for a while now, I've seen em around on Golfmk6.com forum for a good half a year.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H15-Bulb-DRL-High-beam-white-5500k-AUDI-VW-SKODA-WHITE-/271603255381?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f3cd0c855

You can fit your puddles yourself! Go on, have a go! The area's even marked out under the wing mirror

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #18 on: 02 November 2014, 13:28 »

I would like to introduce you to ebay :p actually aftermarket H15's have been available for a while now, I've seen em around on Golfmk6.com forum for a good half a year.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H15-Bulb-DRL-High-beam-white-5500k-AUDI-VW-SKODA-WHITE-/271603255381?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f3cd0c855

You can fit your puddles yourself! Go on, have a go! The area's even marked out under the wing mirror

you have those h15s like mate?

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2014, 21:58 »

you have those h15s like mate?

Nah dude my DRL's are the LED's! I run xenons!