Author Topic: Soft99 Fusso Coat  (Read 13345 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: Soft99 Fusso Coat
« Reply #10 on: 08 September 2014, 16:11 »
Fantastic post, I reapplied my Fusso on Sunday although I've got the dark version and just went on freshly clayed paint. Did two coats. Out of interest how long did you let yours cure for?

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 27 October 2014, 16:24 »
Haven't updated this as regularly as I would've liked to but hey. 8 weeks on and this is the state of play. Car has only had maintenance washes with Citrus Pre-Wash and Born To Be Mild in this time:

845 beading:

845 over BSD beading:

Fusso beading:

Fusso over BSD beading:

Fk1000p beading:

Fk1000p over BSD beading:

Interestingly the best results seem to come from Fk1000p on it's own and 845 over BSD as a combo. All of the bonnet still showing protection to a lesser extent though.

Sheeting video:
http://youtu.be/PgzHWZL_9oM

Rest of the car also got a good clean today and a layer of Gtechniq C2v3 which left it like this:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 30 October 2014, 22:29 »
No contest there Dan, FK 1000p hands down (sans BSD) still looking good after 8 weeks.

Fusso pretty poor.  845 performance seems fair, but someone said on my wax thread about it beading well after 7 months but from your shots doesn't look like it would last that last long  :undecided:

Either way, your cars looking bloody good  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 31 October 2014, 11:54 »
Cheers Rebecca, it looks fine in the shade lol. Still haven't found the time to get the DAS6 on it as much as it needs so full correction will have to wait till after winter now. Winter prep next week and I have some more new products to try out, namely Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller (switch from iron-x that I was using before) CarPro Eraser and I've also got some Bilt Hamber Dynax UC to give the arches and suspension some protection with. Wheels will be off and some C5 going on :). Knowing my luck it will probably rain all week and I won't be able to get half of it done!  :grin:

As for the wax, looks like I'll be wearing a few layers of fk1000p! 7 months is some good going from 845, could it be a mileage/usage thing? My car is never garaged, lives on a busy military flying base during the week and then undeneath Luton airport at the weekend and does plenty of miles. Or they've got a better application technique maybe? Not sure on that one, but I still really like it as an LSP, even if it's performance isn't quite as good on my car. Easiest wax to use I've come across and I'd be happy to apply it a little more regularly.

Not sure what to think about Fusso, it may be my application that let it down as for some reason I found it quite difficult to spread and got a thicker layer than I would've wanted. I will probably experiment with it more next year but for the colder months it'll be the FK!
« Last Edit: 01 November 2014, 21:30 by seabrook132 »

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive