Author Topic: ALL MK3 OWNERS LOOK HERE!!!!!  (Read 56776 times)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
ALL MK3 OWNERS LOOK HERE!!!!!
« on: 12 September 2009, 06:28 »
Before you click on this button....

try going here...

MK3 Maintenance Section

In here is a wealth of knowledge related to the MK3 golf including common faults, diy guides and problem solving.. wiring diagrams and other related goodness...

I would suggest you start by learning a bit about the engine in general and about the common faults by reading Boneys extensive thread here..

Boneys General Fault Thread..

From here you should now understand the basics of what you have left yourself in for.. if you still wanna stick it out and carry out some general DIY and servicing i suggest you check out Dan J Reeds website here..

Dan J Reeds Website

The guys a legend and can be found in the mk3 section of VWVortex..

Anyways back to the topic on hand..you might now want to start making your car look all pretty and sh!t.. if so i suggest you check out...

Shadys Cosmetic Bible

If the questions you want answered still aren't found here.. hows about trying my DIY guide thread...

Dickys DIY's

Some of the links may be dead because ED38 seems to delete a lot of stuff rather than achieve it but if its not there send me a pm and i'll try to help you out..

Now that you have checked this all out.. still not found the answer you are looking for.

then and only then you should click...

ohh yes.. im not finished yet..... you thought you had got away with it.. you were going to click that button and ask a question about what wheels, what offset, what spacers, how low, what tyres...

check this sh!t out...

THE ULTIMATE WHEEL THREAD!!!

These guys to it harder, faster, stronger than anyone else.. if they cant help you... you have no hope...

One final point.. when it comes to creating a thread.. in the title could you put something like "car not idling" or "brakes binding" etc.. so that when other people come to use the search engine they will find your thread with the answers easier..
« Last Edit: 12 September 2009, 06:37 by bored_Welsh_lad »
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
Re: ALL MK3 OWNERS LOOK HERE!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2009, 09:13 »
basically mate there are a lot of threads in here that could have been answered by simply looking in the maint section, i dont think a lot of people realise its there or possibly how much information is in the mk3 section.. so i just wanted to highlight the matter...

albeit a little harsh sounding .. but i do not apologise for this when i read 6 posts this week alone about crank position sensors
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2009, 10:57 »
next you need to solve

1, why cant i read PMs,

2, how do i post pictures

3, how much is my golf worth

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :laugh:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2009, 11:16 »
next you need to solve

1, why cant i read PMs,  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :laugh:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=29554.0

2, how do i post pictures  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :laugh:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=85911.0

3, how much is my golf worth  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :laugh:

thats the easiest one.. not a lotta...

you could at least make it challenging..

its all on here haha....

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2009, 12:06 »
Nice! I'll sticky this, hopefully it'll get some use but there are always going to be those few who think they are above the normal code of conduct. I will be swiftly "moderating" them if they do not refer to this first :P

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2009, 14:33 »
cheers shady.. i might just post in every single newbie "hello i own a mk3" welcome thread a link to this like chuff does regarding the forum rules haha...