Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740312 times)

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9060 on: 17 December 2018, 06:53 »
Replaced the key fob battery at home. 5.5years on the same battery, not bad!! CR2025 if anyone interested is the battery size  :cool:

I need to do mine. My missus took my main set of keys to work with her the other day and I couldn't get in the car because the spare set was dead. Good job I wasn't working that day.

You can still unlock the car manually. The end part of the door handle (short but) is just a plastic cap that you can flick off with the key blade (there’s a notch on the underside for that purpose) and then insert key to unlock/lock - old skool style.

Didn't know this, how do you get round the push button start?

You need to hold the key next to the steering column, where you would normally put the key, there's a mark.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #9061 on: 17 December 2018, 06:54 »
Replaced the key fob battery at home. 5.5years on the same battery, not bad!! CR2025 if anyone interested is the battery size  :cool:

I need to do mine. My missus took my main set of keys to work with her the other day and I couldn't get in the car because the spare set was dead. Good job I wasn't working that day.

You can still unlock the car manually. The end part of the door handle (short but) is just a plastic cap that you can flick off with the key blade (there’s a notch on the underside for that purpose) and then insert key to unlock/lock - old skool style.

Didn't know this, how do you get round the push button start?

Check out this YouTube video, which shows how to unlock and start keyless VW’s if the fob battery had died;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OejkrSX3ei0
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #9062 on: 18 December 2018, 21:17 »
added some tat
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #9063 on: 18 December 2018, 22:46 »
added some tat

Tat is right that looks straight out of Halfrauds. Sorry !
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #9064 on: 19 December 2018, 08:24 »
No comment on the 'bling', but get that power/volume knob the right way round.

Rule #14 "The logo on the power/volume knob should always be in the vertical position. Under no circumstances should the knob deviate from this position. Volume must only be adjusted using the buttons on the steering wheel. In the event of a mindless passenger trying to take control of the volume controls, instant correction must be carried out and the volume re-adjusted using the correct method. The passenger must then be made to understand in importance of this rule."
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9065 on: 19 December 2018, 08:25 »
No comment on the 'bling', but get that power/volume knob the right way round.

Rule #14 "The logo on the power/volume knob should always be in the vertical position. Under no circumstances should the knob deviate from this position. Volume must only be adjusted using the buttons on the steering wheel. In the event of a mindless passenger trying to take control of the volume controls, instant correction must be carried out and the volume re-adjusted using the correct method. The passenger must then be made to understand in importance of this rule."

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9066 on: 19 December 2018, 09:33 »
Not sure about extra chrome trim, looks a bit eBay special... Like those stainless stick on sill protectors.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline wolly440

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9067 on: 19 December 2018, 12:21 »
added some tat

Tat is right that looks straight out of Halfrauds. Sorry !

I was thinking the same thing, just trying to say it more diplomatic 😇

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9068 on: 19 December 2018, 13:49 »
Didn't realise until a recent thread that my May this year GTI didn't come with a service book as it's now all electronic.

So, purchased a new blank genuine book off the 'bay for just a fiver, and it arrived today. Took a photo of the type plate sticker in the user manual that came with the car, and a little bit of Photoshop later, voila !

I know it's not strictly needed, but I do like having a printed service record book, and whilst it's not had it's first service yet, thought now was the time to get it. Will get the dealer to stamp the book, which I know from past experience will be no issue.

« Last Edit: 19 December 2018, 13:53 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9069 on: 19 December 2018, 14:44 »
added some tat

I have something very similar on my car, made by leyo. I think they add a little more interest to the cabin.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights