Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2738960 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8570 on: 11 June 2018, 14:27 »
Gave it a wash today only to find a nasty scrape on the front bumper:

Whilst I can't be 100% sure I didn't do it myself I'm pretty sure I would've remembered. That and the door mirror that's being replaced next Monday :rolleyes:. I think I'll get a touch up kit as the bumper has all sorts of marks anyway and if I keep the car a few more years will get resprayed at some point. Still, the new QD and buffing towel I tried today certainly got the rest of my GTI looking pretty good, I think so anyway :smiley:

That's annoying to say the least!
Ps
Get some tyre dressing on them tyres :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8571 on: 11 June 2018, 14:55 »
That's annoying to say the least!
Ps
Get some tyre dressing on them tyres :wink:

Very :angry: Still, could be worse. This is the only car I've ever owned in 33 years that has ever been in a bodyshop and it's been 3 times in the first 2 years! I really am beginning to wonder if it's jinxed.

Tyres, very true, I've just about run out and I ran out of time today. In other words I couldn't be ar$ed :whistle: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8572 on: 11 June 2018, 16:33 »
Funny Watts, I was starting to think my new GTI was jinxed as well (considering it's only a month old)

First the wireless phone charging option had to have a component removed when the car arrived at the dealers before they would release it to me, resulting in a full strip down of the boot trims before I'd even signed for the car !

Then the damage to the wing on collection that resulting in a protracted time without the car (2 weeks) whilst the body shop sorted it (to be fair brilliantly and to my 100% satisfaction).

Then just last week curbing the alloy avoiding a foreign truck on my side of the road.

I really hope that's my 3 and I can now enjoy the car.....
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8573 on: 11 June 2018, 17:30 »
Funny Watts, I was starting to think my new GTI was jinxed as well (considering it's only a month old)
I really hope that's my 3 and I can now enjoy the car.....

I'm sure you will :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8574 on: 11 June 2018, 22:31 »
Went for a drive tonight... can really feel the diff working on the country roads, especially with stability and traction off. Literally pulls you out a corner, really good feeling. 280 Miles on so enjoying running it in  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 11 June 2018, 22:33 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #8575 on: 11 June 2018, 23:32 »
Went for a drive tonight... can really feel the diff working on the country roads, especially with stability and traction off. Literally pulls you out a corner, really good feeling. 280 Miles on so enjoying running it in  :smiley:

:cool:
7.5 GTD

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #8576 on: 12 June 2018, 21:53 »
Waved the R estate goodbye as went back to VW today, 32K in two years and looked fabulous following its final detail.

First time since 2012 I have not had a Golf, first time since 2015 we have been down to one R.

Had the Up GTI for a couple of weeks now and have to admit totally addicted to it as is fun and like a go kart but copes with 150 mile journeys, R does feel very sensible and grown up in comparison.

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8577 on: 13 June 2018, 12:29 »
De wipered the rear, and fitted Remus non res.

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #8578 on: 13 June 2018, 12:34 »

What ya got?
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8579 on: 13 June 2018, 14:33 »

What ya got?
s

Mk7 Gti PP Oem +