Author Topic: caddyrage - mk1 gti  (Read 42569 times)

Offline caddyrage

• GTI forum regular
Re: caddyrage - mk1 gti
« Reply #20 on: 27 March 2010, 09:41 »
Fitted a new duckbill spoiler so it now looks more like a gti and also got my pressed plates on

Few pic's

03 ibiza PD 130 sport, smiles per miles!
83 mk1 golf gti, 16v 2L PL
92 mk1 caddy, now stripped for resto

WWW.FENDUBBERS.CO.UK
cambridgeshire vw owners club

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #21 on: 27 March 2010, 13:37 »
Dude, your car is looking mint!... Hope I can get mine looking that clean again soon!

Offline caddyrage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 28 June 2010, 23:15 »
Dude, your car is looking mint!... Hope I can get mine looking that clean again soon!

Cheers pal

My new lips only arrived on friday. Started building them back up around 8pm and finished sealing them at about 12. Tyres fitted the following morning. Sealer was still tacky so i did'nt blow them up or fit them to the car til sunday morning around 6.30am :)

Some pic's from inters

Some pic's i took today

I ripped the splitter off again hence there's no frontal pic's above lol. CL splitter will be going on for time being.

WWW.FENDUBBERS.CO.UK

Offline caddyrage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 05 July 2010, 22:42 »
Little update
Last saturday i stripped the rear end out to lose some weight

Bought a rear strutbrace at Inters and also collected some flush rear doorcards off a mate.

Just need to buy a full mat or carpet the floor.

I also received new leather gear and handbrake gaiters in the post on saturday so they soon went on too.

WWW.FENDUBBERS.CO.UK

Offline caddyrage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 31 July 2010, 14:53 »
Well, what a great week i've(we've) had

Having seen pic's of the good turnout at the last mk1 bash(09), i thought i'd give it a go this time round.

It was the same weekend that i was due to go on a weeks break to the lake district so rather than head back after the show to jump in the much comfortable and economical ibiza pd 130, we loaded the golf up and decide to do the lot 

Only camped the 1 night so we took the little dome tent to save on space in the little golf

Sunday show day

Good job i took my MTB as i needed it to bike to the local town retail park to get some cash for another strutbrace i bought, ended up biking it twice as the wife did'nt put my card back in my wallet lol.

Was a good show and was quite pleased to see folks pick my car as there favourite of the day, considering there was the likes of jason's lemon S1 and lee's silver S1 there. Jason's only missing out to a bloody BBQ lol.

Anyway, show time over so it was off back to the tent to wrap up and make another 3hr odd journey north to bowness on windermere.

Ambleside

Hard knot pass, apparently the most dangerous road in england so the sign said. Unfortunately i did'nt get the privilege to drive this so acted as camera man instead.

Walked/climbed up scafell pike via the hard route. Highest mountain in england. Here's a pic to show the visability at the top

Really enjoyed it so it looks like i'll be attempting snowdon next and then ben nevis.

Following day, we set off to go grizedale forest so i could do the north face red route mtb trail. Took the ferry accross the lake

On arrival to the forest parking, i got beached on a cobble speed hump. Had to get out and with a passer by, we lifted the car enough for it to get over lol.

Yesterday, we started our drive back. Massive traffic congestion on the M6 took ages to get by. We left at around half 1 and got to leicester for around 7pm where i collected another gearbox. Home for around 9pm

526 mile round trip and around 85 quids worth of fuel. Did'nt miss a beat.

Now time to go clean all the dirt off and get it nice for london volksfest tomorrow

WWW.FENDUBBERS.CO.UK