Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529861 times)

Offline Tory

• Not said much yet
  • MK7 GTD
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #680 on: 17 July 2016, 16:47 »

Roped my mum into helping me seal the new wheels. She's a good egg
MK7 - GTD - Pure White - Stage 1 Remap - Rotiform CCV - Dynaudio - Winter Pack - Instagram torivw

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #681 on: 17 July 2016, 20:26 »
It's a minor miracle achieving that in 35 mins Rebecca, very impressive work.
I may need to tinker with my snow foam lance settings because you appear to be getting better results than me by the looks of it :cool:

Thanks kalimon.  Lol, it was a quick event today even by my standards!  I was taken aback when I finished and looked at the time.

Snow foam (and lance) can be very temperamental at time.  From your pics looks like your spray stream might be a little inconsistent or perhaps the foam is a little thick and you need to up the dilution via the control knob on the top of the lance.  But very hard to tell from photos as it depends when in the process they are taken?  Maybe the lance mechanism needs a bit of a descale?  Soak in kettle descaler or in a bucket of petrol - this dissolves shampoo residue which clogs it up over time.  Also after every snow foam, I find running clear water through it via the jet washer helps flush things through, avoiding spray issues next time.  As I say, maybe there isn't an issue.  As long as it's doing the job then all good.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #682 on: 17 July 2016, 20:27 »

Roped my mum into helping me seal the new wheels. She's a good egg

Good on your mum.  :smiley:  My mum would be more of a hindrance than a help I think, lol.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #683 on: 17 July 2016, 22:23 »
It's a minor miracle achieving that in 35 mins Rebecca, very impressive work.
I may need to tinker with my snow foam lance settings because you appear to be getting better results than me by the looks of it :cool:

Thanks kalimon.  Lol, it was a quick event today even by my standards!  I was taken aback when I finished and looked at the time.

Snow foam (and lance) can be very temperamental at time.  From your pics looks like your spray stream might be a little inconsistent or perhaps the foam is a little thick and you need to up the dilution via the control knob on the top of the lance.  But very hard to tell from photos as it depends when in the process they are taken?  Maybe the lance mechanism needs a bit of a descale?  Soak in kettle descaler or in a bucket of petrol - this dissolves shampoo residue which clogs it up over time.  Also after every snow foam, I find running clear water through it via the jet washer helps flush things through, avoiding spray issues next time.  As I say, maybe there isn't an issue.  As long as it's doing the job then all good.  :smiley:
I think it may just need a slight adjustment. I always remove the bottle and run water through the lance for about 30 secs after every use so it shouldn't need descaling just yet.
The photo was taken between 5 and 10 mins after snow foaming.
PS
Who told you about my inconsistent spray stream ?
That is personal information :laugh: :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #684 on: 17 July 2016, 22:41 »
PS
Who told you about my inconsistent spray stream ?
That is personal information :laugh: :wink:

You're a man aren't you.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #685 on: 23 July 2016, 22:22 »
After some long overdue TLC, wash, dry, black hole, sealant, wax, wheels cleaned and sealed all the right bits buffed, interior complete clean, engine cleaned.

A few pics on a ride out to Ashridge Park today. Photography not one of my strong points but you get the idea...
« Last Edit: 25 July 2016, 18:36 by Peter W »
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #686 on: 23 July 2016, 22:34 »
After some long overdue TLC, wash, dry, black hole, sealant, wax, wheels cleaned and sealed all the right bits buffed, interior complete clean, engine cleaned.

A few pics on a ride out to Ashridge Park today. Photography not one of my strong points but you get the idea.

Looks gorgeous Peter.  :cool: Lovely to see your Ed35 in here, makes me nostalgic for my old mk6 and Glendales!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #687 on: 24 July 2016, 17:51 »
thanks Rebecca,

I'm down your way next weekend, i will keep a look out for your R !

Today was the first time i had both cars clean together, apologies for the non VW brand but they go well together.

35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #688 on: 25 July 2016, 01:17 »
^^
Very cute couple Peter.

Don't bother looking out for my R next weekend, as it's currently residing in a Gatwick car park - I'm in the Carribean - St Lucia , at the moment.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #689 on: 25 July 2016, 10:04 »
I'm in the Carribean - St Lucia , at the moment.

And you're posting on a car forum???
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.