Author Topic: Suspension recommendations  (Read 1292 times)

Offline daveybrown1991

• Not said much yet
Suspension recommendations
« on: 18 June 2018, 18:40 »
Hi everyone,

I have had my 66 plate GTI for 6 weeks now, love it apart from the fact I have the dreaded suspension knock from the rear. It has gone back to VW already but the issue continues, it's booked in again for a couple of weeks time but I'm not holding my breath..

I have seen that people have put the bilstein B4's as an OEM replacement, but I'm considering dropping the height anyway....

I have seen, a few people have put the VWR springs on, how would these suit with Bilstein B4's OR B6's???

What other damper spring/spring set ups do people recommend?

I don't want coilovers as i can't afford a decent set and i want to ride to be comfortable

Thanks in advance....

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Re: Suspension recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2018, 00:18 »
VWR do a full spring and shock combo. I'm getting this fitted next month to my R. Might be worth a look
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline daveybrown1991

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2018, 20:10 »
Thanks, had a look but can't find a full kit anywhere for the GTI. Where are you getting yours from?

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2018, 20:29 »
VRS Northampton are sorting the kit with fitting.  :smiley:

BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline BobbyT

• I live here

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2018, 10:52 »
To be honest, it's all down to personal preference, however if I were to go for the full suspension (IE, springs and dampers) I'd probably go for Eibach springs (either pro-kit or for more lows, sportline) with Bilstein B8 shortened shocks.

I've already got the springs fitted with the standard shocks in the knowledge that the shocks won't last as long as with standard springs - I'll just change the shocks out when they feel knackered.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!