Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2767650 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8420 on: 20 May 2018, 09:42 »
I would check to make sure the headlight washers haven't been turned off before letting your dealer lose on it. Quite a few people either turn the washer frequency down or disable the headlight washers altogether. Does tend to make a mess of the front end of the car  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #8421 on: 20 May 2018, 10:08 »
I would check to make sure the headlight washers haven't been turned off before letting your dealer lose on it. Quite a few people either turn the washer frequency down or disable the headlight washers altogether. Does tend to make a mess of the front end of the car  :whistle:

That's a really good shout mcmaddy, I've increased the time you have to pull on the stalk before the headlight washers come on and not sure I would remember to change it back before selling the car.

Dereks - perhaps try putting your lights on full and keep hold of the stalk for a bit longer (say 5 seconds) to see if they then come to life.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #8422 on: 20 May 2018, 10:40 »

That's a really good shout mcmaddy, I've increased the time you have to pull on the stalk before the headlight washers come on and not sure I would remember to change it back before selling the car.

Dereks - perhaps try putting your lights on full and keep hold of the stalk for a bit longer (say 5 seconds) to see if they then come to life.

Ok they do work must have done something wrong last night when checking them maybe only had the switch on sidelights.

Just the temp guage then!
« Last Edit: 20 May 2018, 10:43 by dereks »

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #8423 on: 20 May 2018, 11:08 »
Great news, hopefully the temp gauge is a quick fix and you can start enjoying the car
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #8424 on: 20 May 2018, 12:03 »
It’s now thrown up a warning light. Book says emissions? But it must be linked google seems to suggest water pump being a weakness on this engine.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8425 on: 20 May 2018, 15:29 »
So went for a blast this weekend.

Sheffield to Abergavenny Friday afternoon
Saturday went on some of the Brecon roads, including Black Mountain Pass.
Then onto Cheltenham and back to Sheffield today.
500 miles in total.

Had some Toyo T1-R's fitted last week and they are excellent. Loads of grip, much improved over the S001's.

So mine was the least powerful of the bunch - but it was brilliant fun and most of the others were only just keeping on the twisty stuff. Me and the GTS had a great fast section together and he was with me but said he couldn't have gone any quicker!

A few pics

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8426 on: 20 May 2018, 16:16 »
Excellent Jim  :cool:

Offline Margy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8427 on: 20 May 2018, 16:32 »
I'd get the temp problem diagnosed! Just been quoted £650 for rectifying said fault! Fortunately, I know the dealer principal very well & he asked for £100 contribution & opened a goodwill case with VW. A coolant flow issue I am told! If you scroll other posts someone else has had the fault rectified by a VW indy for £360 I think?
Tornado red PP, Santiagos, DCC, winter pack.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #8428 on: 20 May 2018, 16:38 »
Got this fitted on Friday, its great very suttle,

and tomorrow these are going on.....

MK7 GTi

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #8429 on: 20 May 2018, 17:08 »
It’s now thrown up a warning light. Book says emissions? But it must be linked google seems to suggest water pump being a weakness on this engine.

My 63 plate has been in the garage for this exact same issue - needs a new thermostat housing to cure.  You're lucky if you've just purchased from a dealer as they'll cover it. Seems to be bit of an issue, had mine done locally for about £500 including the water pump (which was fine but it's part of the same housing so might as well have it replaced at the same time).