Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2773848 times)

Offline GiT1984

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1030 on: 24 May 2014, 13:56 »
Today I turned of the traction control and discovered that, lurking below the surface, the GTi is a Pepperami!

It goes all feral when using a boot of throttle coming out of tight corners or pulling away from junctions (with no "tramping"). And you can feel the diff working more often .... Lovely!

However I might have left some black marks all over Buckinghamshire and there is the tyre wear to consider ....
2014 Mk7 GTi - CSG, PP, Leather, DSG, ACC, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Rear Airbags, Winter pack.

2013 Porsche Boxster S

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1031 on: 26 May 2014, 08:28 »
Come out to a flat tyre this morning.... :angry: thankfully have road side assistance as screw changing a tyre with the suit on. Hopefully itl be a puncture repair job or it looks like im buying a new tyre. It wont be another Potenza anyway
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1032 on: 26 May 2014, 10:10 »
Ffs...Budget value tyre at 45 or a premium tyre (yokohama tyre) at 107 fitted...delighted  :cry:
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
« Reply #1033 on: 26 May 2014, 12:33 »
Finally finished the cleaning process for my Winter Wheels - Clayed and sealed with Williams Ceramic coat, then when cured dressed the tyres
« Last Edit: 27 May 2014, 11:41 by vidman2 »
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline Suklpm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1034 on: 27 May 2014, 15:38 »
- Deleted all of the annoying hidden files (beginning with ._) off my SD card
- Added radio logos
- Set the "individual" setting on car mode
GTI PP DSG 3 door, Limestone Grey, keyless entry, Discover satnav

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1035 on: 27 May 2014, 18:07 »
had the mirrors and lip wrapped in gloss black and now looks far more pleasing, a bit more is planned around the badge area, big thanks to RTK Graphics :)

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1036 on: 27 May 2014, 18:50 »
had the mirrors and lip wrapped in gloss black and now looks far more pleasing, a bit more is planned around the badge area, big thanks to RTK Graphics :)

Photos or it never happened  :grin:
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1037 on: 27 May 2014, 19:58 »
Yeah show us the lip, I've been toying with doing something more to front but not sure where
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1038 on: 28 May 2014, 11:07 »
Had a proper fiddle with my Dynaudio settings, gone from 'dynamic' which made the whole car rattle like hell under heavy bass to 'soft,' and then adjusted via the individual settings upping the bass and subwoofer - less rattles now under high volume  :cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1039 on: 28 May 2014, 13:21 »
Discovered last week that whilst driving along listening to some tunes with my iphone attached via the lightning adapter, that when i stopped at a set of traffic lights,appropriate  the video for the song (obviously only if you purchased the video) appeared on the screen. Very  :cool:. I thought you had to go into the menu and specifically select the video function. When i drove off it reverted back to just the artwork cover which i would have expected given that the vehicle won't allow you to watch videos while on the move.

You learn something new everyday  :grin: