Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739705 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #950 on: 08 May 2014, 07:51 »
Never bought a Richbrook tax disc holder as seems to be the craze in here  :grin: although I was tempted.
Just as well as I see from November you no longer need to display your tax disc
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/direct-debit-and-abolition-of-the-tax-disc
Great as I hate trying to clean around it.

I might opt to pay my £20 road tax in monthly installments just for the hell of it.  :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #951 on: 08 May 2014, 13:11 »
Got the kerbing damage sorted. 
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline Buggaluggs

• Not said much yet
« Reply #952 on: 08 May 2014, 20:33 »
I know this is a bit of a marmite mod but I think I like it. It will only take take 2 mins to change back if I get bored  :whistle: :whistle:
I would have had this one licked a couple of weeks ago as I had planned to just change the bulbs as I had done in my Scirocco but the Mk7 has got sealed Led bulb holders rather than a bulb and holder.
Thanks to Sootchucker for the advice but eBay let me down. I couldn't find any bulb holders anywhere on there so bit the bullet and went to my local VW dealer thinking my under crackers would be around my ankles within seconds but no !!
2 genuine lamp units were only £9.12 each.    Part No:  V7L0 947 415
Delivered next day.
Excuse the poor photos but iPads don't do dark !! But you get the idea.

Hello mate I,m sorry if I am stating the obvious but I assume you have changed the footwell lights on your Golf so you could then change the bulbs for red ones? This is a mod I would like to do, I spoke to my VW dealer today and he is happy to order a pair for me but he tells me they are clear bulbs etc. Assuming you changed the holders and the bulbs where did you get the bulbs from if you don't mind my asking, thanks Peter.

Yes I ordered these and then changed the bulbs for these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-5-SMD-CAR-LED-W5W-T10-501-SIDE-LIGHT-BULBS-RED-/221008248443?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160
No problems so far.
Hope this helps   :wink:
Thanks very much for your speedy response, lamps ordered from VW, bulbs ordered from e-bay. Looking forwards to swapping them out, cheers  :smiley:
'Never rub another mans rhubarb!'

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #953 on: 08 May 2014, 22:38 »
Do internal LED's throw up bulb errors?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #954 on: 08 May 2014, 23:10 »
Do internal LED's throw up bulb errors?

No mate, changed all mine as have many others with no issues. :wink:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #955 on: 08 May 2014, 23:21 »
Cheers Jimble
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #956 on: 08 May 2014, 23:35 »
So the mk7 still comes as standard with the normal non LED interior lights then?   :sad:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline VWcezGTI7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #957 on: 09 May 2014, 00:44 »
So the mk7 still comes as standard with the normal non LED interior lights then?   :sad:

If you're talking about the footwell lighting and the normal dome light/over-head reading light then no, they do come with LEDs as standard. But, for the lights in the sun visors above the mirror and in the trunk/boot, they come with normal yellow/non LED bulbs.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #958 on: 09 May 2014, 06:57 »

If you're talking about the footwell lighting and the normal dome light/over-head reading light then no, they do come with LEDs as standard. But, for the lights in the sun visors above the mirror and in the trunk/boot, they come with normal yellow/non LED bulbs.

Ok, thanks.  So basically the visible lights are LEDs and the hidden ones are old yellow incandescent bulbs (glove box also, I assume). Tight gits, the amount you're paying, you'd think vw could stretch to all LEDs, not least for consistency  :angry:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Ross Detours

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #959 on: 09 May 2014, 11:56 »
Agreed, it seems a bit of a shame not to use LED's all round but you can swap them out for pennies...

All info here:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=264345.0