Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740242 times)

Offline monsta

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #830 on: 31 March 2014, 10:31 »
Took the bikes out into the countryside for a spin :)

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #831 on: 31 March 2014, 10:33 »
Looking good Monsta. How much was your roof rack?

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #832 on: 31 March 2014, 11:41 »
Looking good Monsta. How much was your roof rack?

J

Cheers well I managed to pick up the roof rack on ebay, brand new from Germany for about £100 delivered (list price £265.50) and the bike holders x 2 for £40 (list price £82.50 each)

All in all, a bit of a bargain. 

Lovely bit of kit though, very happy I stayed with the official VW stuff and didn't get persuaded by the cheaper uglier Halfords etc offering  :smiley:

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #833 on: 31 March 2014, 11:51 »
Great stuff cheers! Might be something i look in to in the future. I don't fancy my MTB inside the Golf!

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #834 on: 02 April 2014, 12:01 »
Gave the girl a good clean for the first time in a number of weeks as it was a nice weekend.

Topped up the C2V3 for the paintwork, Poorboys for the Alloys, and fast glass for the er....glass  :grin:

Even polished the exhaust silencer with Autosol, and it came up like a mirror. Finally, metal parts of the undercarriage given a quick wipe down with Bare Bones to return them to gloss (yes sad I know).

Looks much better.

How do you find the C2V3, thinking of buying some to put on top of the Exo V2 between washes.
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #835 on: 02 April 2014, 13:19 »
Fitted the DTUK tuning box to the car first thing this morning   :wink:
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #836 on: 03 April 2014, 18:46 »
Bit the bullet and ordered sport (dark black) wind deflectors. Can always try them and return them
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #837 on: 03 April 2014, 19:09 »
Bit the bullet and ordered sport (dark black) wind deflectors. Can always try them and return them

I suggest you deactivate the fold on locking function for your mirrors while you are trying them out, most seem to get crunched on folding of the mirrors. Do all the MK7 Golfs have folding mirrors? If not, then maybe the wind deflectors aren't really meant for Golfs with folding mirrors. You could fit them, measuring the lippage on them, after measuring the gap between folded mirrors and door beforehand to make sure the deflectors can be accommodated without crushing them.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #838 on: 03 April 2014, 19:33 »
Well theres a boy on here who had that issue but surely VW wouldnt tell him they would order them in again for him if they werent supposed to work with the folding mirrors? I expect delivery in 10-12 days, but as you say i better measure it before i lock the car in case something similar happens. Id hate to fit them, like them and have to compromise on not being able to use the electric mirrors. If thats the case theyl be going back
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP

Offline mckay85

• Not said much yet
« Reply #839 on: 03 April 2014, 22:08 »
Well theres a boy on here who had that issue but surely VW wouldnt tell him they would order them in again for him if they werent supposed to work with the folding mirrors?

They are listed on the VW accessories just for mk7. It usually mentions what models they don't fit.
I got my replacements and they now clear a good few mm with the mirrors folded in. I suspected the dealer didn't fit them correctly in the first place.