Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739603 times)

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #740 on: 05 March 2014, 09:58 »
Finally purchased a precision screwdriver set to fit the chrome GTD emblem to my key. Sitting in a greasy spoon waiting for the chaps to finish with the new midnight tints. Photos will follow
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #741 on: 05 March 2014, 13:07 »
Ordered a few bits and bobs such as a nice metal tax disc holder, nice dust caps, pressed plates etc... Just to cosmetically make my mark with it.

Also got all the products lined up for the full detailing session at the weekend. Can't wait, it will look amazing!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #742 on: 05 March 2014, 13:22 »
Ordered a few bits and bobs such as a nice metal tax disc holder, nice dust caps, pressed plates etc... Just to cosmetically make my mark with it.

Also got all the products lined up for the full detailing session at the weekend. Can't wait, it will look amazing!

I've been looking for some good pressed plates. Where did you get yours from. I found some but I don't think they were road legal
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #743 on: 05 March 2014, 14:10 »

I've been looking for some good pressed plates. Where did you get yours from. I found some but I don't think they were road legal

+1 been looking at these myself.  Wondering if they're worth the hassle of potentially getting pulled over...

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #744 on: 05 March 2014, 14:46 »

+1 been looking at these myself.  Wondering if they're worth the hassle of potentially getting pulled over...
[/quote]

You can get legal ones and illegal ones. If the bobbies don’t know the difference then they’ll probably pull you over anyway, every time they notice you have pressed plates.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mullermn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #745 on: 05 March 2014, 15:54 »
Finally purchased a precision screwdriver set to fit the chrome GTD emblem to my key. Sitting in a greasy spoon waiting for the chaps to finish with the new midnight tints. Photos will follow

I did this, then stripped the head off of the screwdriver in about 10 seconds trying to tighten the screw (it was a very snug fit).

What I did in the end was snip the pin off of a couple of long drawing pins and drop that through the screw hole. The pin can't come out while the battery cover is on and it took about 30 seconds to do both keys. Works perfectly.

Offline GiT1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #746 on: 05 March 2014, 18:57 »
Tried out "Sport Mode" today (a small risk with only 200 miles on the clock) and the car went hyper! Quite impressive differences to the throttle response, gearshift program (on the DSG), steering feel and suspension (as I have ACC).

Interestingly the "soundaktor" (or what ever it's called) made it throatier, but gruffer. Not unpleasant under load but I quite like the natural thrum of the engine .... 
2014 Mk7 GTi - CSG, PP, Leather, DSG, ACC, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Rear Airbags, Winter pack.

2013 Porsche Boxster S

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #747 on: 05 March 2014, 19:49 »
Read an article that may interest people, not really keen on the styling but the 0-60 of a 300bhp is interesting :smiley: http://www.carscoops.com/2014/02/abt-gives-vw-golf-gti-more-sinister.html?m=1
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #749 on: 05 March 2014, 20:51 »
Read an article that may interest people, not really keen on the styling but the 0-60 of a 300bhp is interesting :smiley: http://www.carscoops.com/2014/02/abt-gives-vw-golf-gti-more-sinister.html?m=1

That styling I'm not a fan of but quite like the exhaust.