Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740360 times)

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #700 on: 22 February 2014, 15:50 »
Been to look at the replacement this morning. Excited for 1st March now  :smiley:

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #701 on: 23 February 2014, 15:20 »
Monsta if your interested I've got one of these for sale http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi-v-17-portable-bike-pressure-washer/rp-prod46653.

Do you know if any of the snow foam lances can be fitted to that?  How much do you want for it?

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #702 on: 24 February 2014, 14:52 »
bought a black washer cap from aks as im bored and plastidip always flakes off over time!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #703 on: 24 February 2014, 18:33 »
Just booked the car in for darker tints on wed the 5th. Some may say they dont need it but the standard tints arent dark enough imo
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #704 on: 24 February 2014, 19:33 »
Just booked the car in for darker tints on wed the 5th. Some may say they dont need it but the standard tints arent dark enough imo

Are you getting the driver/passenger ones done too? These are already at legal tint   :sad:

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #705 on: 24 February 2014, 20:08 »

Are you getting the driver/passenger ones done too? These are already at legal tint   :sad:

Surely though if you go to a tinting place and ask for as dark as legal on the fronts, then they put the legal tint on already legal tint levels then it isn't your fault...:smiley:

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #706 on: 24 February 2014, 20:17 »
No just the back three (3door)  I want it to be a bit more...well stealth ha. Looks great in deep black pearl when clean but want it to look meaner if that makes sense.  i had the a3 had the windows tinted so it allowed 12% if light through. Some will say its chavvy but i like it. Il take photos and post once done
« Last Edit: 24 February 2014, 20:19 by virginVWman »
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #707 on: 24 February 2014, 20:24 »

Surely though if you go to a tinting place and ask for as dark as legal on the fronts, then they put the legal tint on already legal tint levels then it isn't your fault...:smiley:

Nope, they driver is responsible for making sure the vehicle they are using is legal for the road.  They'll make you rip the tints off if they catch you.  That said, I want mine darker  :smiley:

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #708 on: 24 February 2014, 20:35 »

Nope, they driver is responsible for making sure the vehicle they are using is legal for the road.  They'll make you rip the tints off if they catch you.  That said, I want mine darker  :smiley:

Oh right, well good thing that was a completely hypothetical situation then...

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #709 on: 26 February 2014, 14:51 »
Gave it the normal pampering and yet again got so frustrated with the amount of water that seems to hold in crevices then piss all down the bodywork just when you think the job is done, doors seals, boot seals, wing mirrors open, wing mirrors retracted, rear light clusters, door handles ...................... the TT had one either side on the window seals, wipe twice and job done, Mrs D thinks I have OCD as I think I do 30 laps of the car after each dry  :grin:

Also today after over 5 months and 1200 miles I found the first stone chip :cry: Strangly enough its in the exact same place all but 10mm to the first on a previous GTI, drivers side windscreen frame, quite a chunk too, might wait for a few more then get them all done together.
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's