Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2741202 times)

Offline Croz13

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #430 on: 08 January 2014, 21:43 »
I've finally got round to fitting my LED indicators (Brighter LED's from previous posts)
Was very easy & think looks better/completes the LED lighting on the car  :smiley:

Here's a 50/50 Vid

All LED
« Last Edit: 08 January 2014, 21:47 by Croz13 »
Golf GTI 3dr : Carbon Grey, AAC, PP, Keyless, Dynaudio, Winter Pack & Rear view cam.

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #431 on: 08 January 2014, 22:13 »
Looking good Croz. You got a link to the ones you used?

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline Croz13

• Not said much yet
Golf GTI 3dr : Carbon Grey, AAC, PP, Keyless, Dynaudio, Winter Pack & Rear view cam.

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #433 on: 08 January 2014, 23:21 »
Cheers pal!

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #434 on: 09 January 2014, 00:39 »
Are they as yellow as they look in the video mate?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #435 on: 09 January 2014, 09:37 »

The colouring comes from the indicator housing as the bulbs are white so I guess it's just the camera making them look more yellow.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #436 on: 09 January 2014, 09:43 »

The colouring comes from the indicator housing as the bulbs are white so I guess it's just the camera making them look more yellow.

Yeah i know but i'm thinking that the LED's are so bright it's a bit much for the orange casing? I doubt it would cause any problems but it would annoy me that they're a different colour to the rest.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #437 on: 09 January 2014, 09:54 »

Yeah i know but i'm thinking that the LED's are so bright it's a bit much for the orange casing? I doubt it would cause any problems but it would annoy me that they're a different colour to the rest.

They look orange on mine, he's got the same bulbs I ordered  :smiley:

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #438 on: 09 January 2014, 13:00 »
They look splendid. Saved in my eBay watch list and I'll be ordering them nearer the time!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #439 on: 09 January 2014, 13:26 »
Before we all go crazy with these LED indicator replacements, I'd urge you to please compare the output of these LEDs against the stock halogen yourself in the daylight to ensure you're happy and aware of the difference, you may be surprised how much duller they are.

When I swapped mine out at night, I thought they were a little less bright but was willing to give it a go. What sealed the deal though, was when approaching my car in the daytime and unlocking I could barely see the indicators flash at all. Quite a significant difference, and potentially dangerous one at that.

At the moment, I don't personally feel these are up to the job, and don't want to risk other road users not seeing my intentions (even with the side mirror LED).

I know we are all enthralled in our new vehicles, and I'm always the first to try any new mods, but let's please not forget that your own and other road users safety should always be your priority.

Drive safe everyone.

edit: Consequently, if anyone's interested, I have a spare set of these now as I originally bought two sets but will be putting the indicator ones in the reversing light. £10 including postage, saves me returning them.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2014, 15:03 by jivemonkey »
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep