Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2767060 times)

Offline Dan Burnley

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #370 on: 26 December 2013, 16:19 »
Where's all the GTD mats, all I can find are GTI ones??? :embarrassed:
GTD

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #371 on: 26 December 2013, 16:48 »
On the topic of mats - brief round up of the non-official/third party on the market:

Ebay's offerings:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=gti+mats&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC1.A0.Xmk7+gti+mats&_nkw=mk7+gti+mats&_sacat=0

These are probably the nicest of the ebay bunch:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk7-2012-onwards-Fully-Tailored-Car-Mats-with-RED-LEATHER-GTI-LOGO-/181236848727?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Plat_Gen%3AMK+VII&hash=item2a328ed857

You can get some bespoke ones here but the font isn't perfect but nice quality. I specced Black base, red trim and GTI in red Calibri font.
http://www.ultimatecarmats.co.uk/choose_product.asp?model=2604 (Then check out the "UCM Luxury 900" to spec it)

Slim pickings, really.

Only problem with all these is none of them have the correct VW font, why won't they just make some OEM ones for the UK market?!  >:(
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline stiggy786

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #372 on: 26 December 2013, 16:58 »
Only problem with all these is none of them have the correct VW font, why won't they just make some OEM ones for the UK market?!  >:(

Absolutely. Even the times new roman option on the bespoke website is too tall and narrow for the GTI font.

I wonder if there's somewhere that will embroider a pattern you can upload to their site? There's no shortage of hi-res GTI lettering on google images.
**Mk7 GTI**5 door**Manual**Performance Pack**Pure White**Discover Nav**Panoramic Roof**Keyless**AutoGlym**3yr Service Plan**Ordered Oct 2013**BW46**

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #373 on: 27 December 2013, 10:16 »

Absolutely. Even the times new roman option on the bespoke website is too tall and narrow for the GTI font.

I wonder if there's somewhere that will embroider a pattern you can upload to their site? There's no shortage of hi-res GTI lettering on google images.

Yeah I'm not putting anything in mine without the correct logo on! 

Offline Simon C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #374 on: 27 December 2013, 21:20 »
Hosed it down with the hose at work to remove the surface crap it had picked up from the journey north. It made quite a difference.

....and also figured out the different light settings, including front and rear fogs. Still not Sussed the cornering 'bendy' front lights though...if they work it is not obvious.
Letting my heart rule and not my head - GTI Mark 7 arrived: 3dr, 19" Santiago, sat nav, pure white.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #375 on: 27 December 2013, 21:23 »
Hosed it down with the hose at work to remove the surface crap it had picked up from the journey north. It made quite a difference.

....and also figured out the different light settings, including front and rear fogs. Still not Sussed the cornering 'bendy' front lights though...if they work it is not obvious.

The dynamic lighting thingy, should be very obvious unless your in eco mode then it's probably off
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #376 on: 28 December 2013, 09:20 »
I haven't noticed the dynamic lights bend yet.  I'm not in eco.  I get the cornering lights at low speed turns and the Xenons dance at startup.  Is this something you need to be above a certain speed to see?  I have had some trips on some long windy roads at night recently at 60mph+.  It may not be something that can obviously be noticed while driving?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline mistertee

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #377 on: 28 December 2013, 18:50 »
Today I hit 950 miles...so I'm almost ready to UNLEASE THE BEAST.  :evil:

Found something interesting today, when I was on the motorway, the number of people who would zoom up behind me, and then back off.  It's almost as if they get close to the car, see the twin tailpipes and gti badge, and decide it's not worth it.  :laugh:

The pick up between 50-70pm in 6th is amazing, again tailgaters at roadworks would be left coughing my dust, as they became specks in my rear view mirror.

MPG is improving, 29mpg up to 36mpg.  The bone shattering suspension is finally sorting itself out too.  All looking good so far, just need a decent sunset so I can post some piccies.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #378 on: 29 December 2013, 11:01 »
Dropped the wife to work in it, admired 500 miles worth of winter filth.
Noted again that the engine seems to be loosening up at 800 miles.

And in the last two days I've finally tried out the park assist! Yay! Entertainment value worth the expenditure alone seeing my wife panicking as it did its thing!!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #379 on: 29 December 2013, 12:00 »
I haven't noticed the dynamic lights bend yet.  I'm not in eco.  I get the cornering lights at low speed turns and the Xenons dance at startup.  Is this something you need to be above a certain speed to see?  I have had some trips on some long windy roads at night recently at 60mph+.  It may not be something that can obviously be noticed while driving?

Try them on main beam, you can see it clearer then.  Go into individual mode and make the lights go on sport just to confirm they are going to be moving as quick as they can.