Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740663 times)

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #170 on: 18 October 2013, 09:49 »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271005739332
I bought those, and they work fine

Are these the same as the light in the boot?
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #171 on: 18 October 2013, 10:35 »
nah the boot light is different and tbh i didnt bother with that one as its hardly seen... I think you need 42mm for the boot though..
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #172 on: 18 October 2013, 11:13 »
Good point. Thanks for the info though.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #173 on: 18 October 2013, 19:23 »
Not so much what I did but I had it in the dealers for a slight knock when in reverse. The master technician could here it but could not locate. They referred it to vw technical. They advised that the technician was not to touch it as vw have had a fair few of these complaints and there is a technical bulletin due in the next 5 weeks to advise all dealerships as to how to sort it.

They amended my service schedule to yearly as they had put it on a long service defying the purpose of buying the service pack. Lastly, I asked them to look at my mpg as it was lower than I expected so I asked that they investigate and look at the DPF. No issue and technician advised that it was fine as the long term reading was at 44mpg. This however is inaccurate as it inudes both motorway and city driving. I only enquiry about why the city return was poor.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #174 on: 18 October 2013, 20:49 »
I've done a wee bit of wiring. Basically I've taken a wire up from an ignition feed on the fuse box to the panel on the drivers end of the dash. From there, I've drilled a small hole into the RHS vent and fed a navigation power supply out through the dash outet (basically a micro-usb power supply). Onto this vent attaches a Garmin satnav holder like this:

http://www.buybits.com/images/productimages/AppleiPhone5CablesChargersHardWires/AppleiPhone5ProtectiveandWaterproofCases/main_00006.jpg

This removes really easily and stores in the drawer beneath the seat. I've got a really nice Garmin unit with DAB lifetime traffic and a gorilla glass touchscreen that mounts on it. Didn't have to splice any wires. Next job will be to wire in a Blaupunkt subwoofer, but with all the power and speaker wires in the glovebox, this should be relatively easy. I will post some photos.
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #175 on: 18 October 2013, 21:00 »
I've done a wee bit of wiring. Basically I've taken a wire up from an ignition feed on the fuse box to the panel on the drivers end of the dash. From there, I've drilled a small hole into the RHS vent and fed a navigation power supply out through the dash outet (basically a micro-usb power supply). Onto this vent attaches a Garmin satnav holder like this:

http://www.buybits.com/images/productimages/AppleiPhone5CablesChargersHardWires/AppleiPhone5ProtectiveandWaterproofCases/main_00006.jpg

This removes really easily and stores in the drawer beneath the seat. I've got a really nice Garmin unit with DAB lifetime traffic and a gorilla glass touchscreen that mounts on it. Didn't have to splice any wires. Next job will be to wire in a Blaupunkt subwoofer, but with all the power and speaker wires in the glovebox, this should be relatively easy. I will post some photos.

Would it not have been better just to get the standard nav?

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #176 on: 18 October 2013, 21:02 »

Nope. Over £700 for the cheapest option that doesn't function as well as a £270 Garmin. No thanks. Garmin stays with me after the car goes and the car is easy to put back to standard.  :wink:

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #177 on: 18 October 2013, 21:07 »

Nope. Over £700 for the cheapest option that doesn't function as well as a £270 Garmin. No thanks. Garmin stays with me after the car goes and the car is easy to put back to standard.  :wink:

I can understand and it's very impressive you know how to do these things. I just think it spoils the look having one of these holders mounted to your vent. Small sacrifice to save £700 though  :smiley:

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #178 on: 18 October 2013, 21:18 »
Most of the time it won't be. It detaches as easily as opening a clothes peg!

I am really impressed with the standard audio system compared to the RCD510 in the MkVI. All it needs is a little more bass which will hopefully be sorted out tomorrow!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #179 on: 20 October 2013, 16:13 »
Just washed my car and noticed 2 tiny spots of paint flaking on the rear nearside wheel, in the same black painted "shadow" area between 2 sets of spokes. Whenmy nail took off the loose edge they now look like 2 stone chips. Not sure if dealer will remedy or just shrug their shoulders and claim stone chip. Black gloss paint same as the flat black Golf 7 colour probably required to touch up if they won't do something.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.