Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2773751 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8370 on: 14 May 2018, 21:27 »
Maintenance wash.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=274783.msg2589644#msg2589644

I think I just need to leave my car on your drive and let you work your magic, due to roadworks by me it has a fair amount of tar fallout at the moment

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #8371 on: 14 May 2018, 21:40 »
Had a busy week with the Rs

Used Mrs W's for most of the week as we were on holiday with the highlight being sorting out the paper work on a new 718 Cayman GTS which arrives later in the year

Love the night blue but she still refuses to let me turn the fake noise off and getting used to VW Nav again takes some getting used to

White R had a clean but as in the body shop having a ding taken out of the boot before it goes back to VW, the pure white has stood up amazingly well all be it needs a proper clean due to tar as a result of road works and me not taking the winters off until last week

Hard to believe in six weeks I will not have a Golf which is the first time in over six years, Up GTI is getting built this week

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8372 on: 15 May 2018, 07:51 »
Waved goodbye to my GTI for a few days.

OK, I need to fess up. Something I hadn't told you all, was when I picked the GTI up, whilst it was in their showroom in the "i'm ready to be collected" area, it looks like someone (maybe a member of the public getting too close), had rubbed up against the drivers side front wing and left a deep scratch (down to the primer). It's only about 1-1½ cm long but on a darkish colour catches my eye every time I look at the car. It certainly wasn't there earlier in the day as I'd nipped along at lunchtime to drop off my number plates with them and I photographed the car and it wasn't there then. So between 2.00 pm and me picking it up at 5.00pm the damage was done. Oh well - C'est la vie.

Needless to say the dealer (and the sales manager especially) was absolutely furious and looked like he was ready to sack someone on the spot and a full investigation ensued, with me in the middle looking a little bemused. They couldn't apologise enough and said they would do whatever it takes to get the car 100% and me happy again. To that end they are taking the car today to their own body shop (which by the way has excellent reviews) to affect the repair. I thought it was only fair to give them the opportunity to fix it, and to be fair they have been brilliant so far so no point in getting angry and kicking off about it. I've also got it in writing in that if the car comes back and I'm not 100% happy, they will order me a brand new car - can't really say fairer than that can you ?
So off it goes with only 189 miles it for a few days (i hope) to be made perfect again - why do these things always happen to me  :D :D 
« Last Edit: 15 May 2018, 07:57 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline MrBinks

• Not said much yet
  • Mk7 GTI PP
« Reply #8373 on: 15 May 2018, 09:25 »
Ooff, nightmare. You've done brilliantly to remain calm. Glad they're doing everything they should.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8374 on: 15 May 2018, 09:41 »
Sounds like the dealer was a decent sort....
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8375 on: 15 May 2018, 11:05 »
Yeah, have a really good relationship with them and our sales guy, Tony has been brilliant.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8376 on: 15 May 2018, 13:28 »
The car should have either been covered or cordoned off to stop other people getting close to it. I know they are sorting the issue but it's still bad crack on a customers new car.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8377 on: 15 May 2018, 13:34 »
Hi Chris, yes, this was pointed out to them and they agreed.

In future (like Audi) they will rope off the car area and have "please do not touch" signs for customers cars being collected. However bit like closing the gate after the horse has bolted. To be fair though, the wife and I have purchased a dozen or so cars' from this dealer over the last 10 years or so, and this is the very first time something like this has ever happened.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2018, 19:10 by Sootchucker »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8378 on: 15 May 2018, 14:48 »
Unfortunate Andrew but as long as they are putting it right that's the main thing.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #8379 on: 15 May 2018, 18:47 »
At least they have said the right things so far let’s hope the finished job matches this keenness to do the right thing.
All the best 🤞
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA