Author Topic: Been Playing...  (Read 1942 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Been Playing...
« on: 19 June 2010, 16:24 »

Delkin Fat Geko Camera mount, scary attaching £1500 to the side of the car with just two suckers but works a treat.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
Re: Been Playing...
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2010, 16:33 »
I'd be more worried about the red garage door that seems to be looming very close to the front!

:P

What about people just nicking the camera if you pull up at lights?  :laugh:

Great shots though, really nice effect with the low shutter speed.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline endy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2010, 19:02 »
lovely picture

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2010, 20:23 »
What kind of camera is that holding? I might trust 2 suckers with a compact but a DSLR which you are probably using, No Way  :shocked:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2010, 01:41 »
Canon 450D with the Canon 10-22mm Wide Angle lens attached.  Surprisingly if you tried to pull it off you couldn't its been tested up to 3Kg at 200mph, supposedly.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2010, 09:35 »
Nice shots, though I have to admit when I first saw them I thought you'd just used some kind of Photoshop filter to add the 'speed' in :smiley:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2010, 09:42 »
I'd be more worried about the red garage door that seems to be looming very close to the front!

:P

What about people just nicking the camera if you pull up at lights?  :laugh:

Great shots though, really nice effect with the low shutter speed.

Well I have not really driven round properly with it attached as I would need a remote shutter on a lead to be able to take the pictures, whilst driving.  So people stealing it whilst at the lights could be an issue.

Nice shots, though I have to admit when I first saw them I thought you'd just used some kind of Photoshop filter to add the 'speed' in :smiley:

I just used a longer shutter speed, manually focused on the wheel centre badge and reversed the car out of my parking space in front of my garage.  So no risk of me driving into the garage as I was going backwards.

Offline Hartside

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2010, 12:18 »
Great effect, I particularly like the photo on the left  :cool:
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline MikeT

• GTI forum regular
  • I don't need no stinkin clutch pedal...
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2010, 12:28 »
Canon 450D with the Canon 10-22mm Wide Angle lens attached.  Surprisingly if you tried to pull it off you couldn't its been tested up to 3Kg at 200mph, supposedly.

How much did the rig cost that you're using? aaand where did you get it from?

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 June 2010, 19:56 »
Delkin Fat Geko Camera mount I got it from Jessops there are various youtube videos e.t.c. http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/76433/show.html I had a voucher which made it cheaper.  No huge, but does that type of thing.