Author Topic: Darnpistonbroke - Golf G60  (Read 49130 times)

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
Re: Darnpistonbroke - Golf G60
« Reply #40 on: 02 September 2009, 16:24 »
Well this little lot have been lying around for a while now, so I decided that it was time to fit them.

I bought those a year ago, but just recently bought the necessary plumbing to fit them.
So, out with this lot...

And on with the installation.

I did not have the correct hardware, so I had to go to B&Q to make up some bolts out of threaded bar, nuts, nyloks and capped nuts to make a reasonable job. These were needed for the 'U' bend fixings. You may just be able to make them out in this next picture.

And the finished result.

The result is alot less engine bay clutter and more power, and the power difference is very noticeable. I was quite surprised.

For the next project installment, the plan is to put on some British numberplates and SORN it straight away. I will then be hooking out all the suspension, the engine and the gearbox. Then gradually bring her back up to standard with new bushes, a tidy engine bay, a painted engine and undersealed underside to prevent the British weather from killing her. At the moment, she 100% rustfree, which for a MKII of 18 years, is unheard of.  :cool:

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 26 June 2012, 22:45 »
Well its been a few years since I updated. I still have the old beast but she has been residing in a dry garage waiting for me to carry on with her. Alot has happened over time personally so she has been on the back burner.
My aim within the next few weeks is to import her to the UK, which means installing new lights and getting the engine sorted. Once she is MOT's, imported and running, I will be selling her as I am buying back my old Cobra.
Anyway, I will try to remember adding pictures of what I am doing with the old girl, one of the things is to replace the suspension with original specification units.
 :smiley:

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 18 August 2016, 21:31 »
Car now for sale. See classifieds.  :smiley: