Author Topic: The cost of a Brescia...  (Read 2009 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
The cost of a Brescia...
« on: 10 August 2019, 12:52 »
During the ongoing saga of a dealer damaging both my front wheels and tyres whilst they had it in to fix a warranty item, I had a call yesterday from VWUK to update me on where they were with the claim I've put in. During the call I was told that Brescia's are retail £882.63p inc VAT... each, 'Cost' to a dealer is £550 each. Tyres, retail £175.21 each, cost price £105. I went to my other dealer this morning to order a few things from the parts dept and I asked them to double check those costs, and sure enough it's true! :shocked:

So that's the cost of two new wheels, two new tyres, and the warranty work submission they made on my car to VWUK has been rejected due to them not completing the job properly! It's going to be an expensive job for the dealer, it's no wonder they have been dragging their heels on this and I've had to get VWUK involved, despite owning up and saying they'd put things right with two new wheels and tyres. Me thinks they may have agreed before doing any research on the costs.  :huh:

If you've got Brescias, go careful with them, they are bloody expensive to replace! :laugh:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: The cost of a Brescia...
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2019, 13:11 »
£1260 per set here shipped from Germany. At today's lousy exchange rate  :whistle:

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/de/felgen-19-zoll-felgensatz-brescia-golf-7-gti-original-volkswagen.htm
7.5 GTD

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2019, 13:13 »
£1260 per set here shipped from Germany. At today's lousy exchange rate  :whistle:

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/de/felgen-19-zoll-felgensatz-brescia-golf-7-gti-original-volkswagen.htm
That price is for 1x wheel, not a set...  :wink:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2019, 13:16 »

Nope. Pretty sure it's for a set. Says so in the description.
7.5 GTD

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2019, 13:18 »
All VW wheels are bloody expensive.  The 19" Pretorias cost more than the Brescias. The 18" Austin alloys were also expensive when i had to replace one a while ago.  It cost around £860+ for a wheel and tyre.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2019, 13:24 »

My mistake, I took "1x" as meaning one wheel, Google translated says it's "1x set".

Either way, I'm just glad I'm not paying.  :laugh:
SOLD March 2021

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2019, 13:28 »

My mistake, I took "1x" as meaning one wheel, Google translated says it's "1x set".

Either way, I'm just glad I'm not paying.  :laugh:

Yep, good to see that they did right by you.......eventually! :smiley:
7.5 GTD

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2019, 14:59 »
Strange that VW Accessories sell them direct for €347!

SEE HERE
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 10 August 2019, 17:51 »
Local  tyre fitter damaged one of mine 1week ago   Might have bother getting him to stump up that much

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2019, 10:49 »
Very expensive. But in reality, who goes to VW to buy parts? Even if you wanted an air filter I'm pretty most people with any ounce of common sense would be looking for the part else where for probably half the price.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey