Author Topic: Door seal HELL!!!  (Read 713 times)

Offline batman04

• Not said much yet
Door seal HELL!!!
« on: 26 November 2007, 10:25 »
hi there, just a mention and maybe some help, im in the middle of restoring my mk1 golf gti and all is going well and should be in a mag by next year but i am being slowed down by stupid problems, a little whild ago i bought a pair of new door seals form GPC, now i don't know if anyone else has used these if so let me know, but after fitting them i can't even close the doors now, there just seems to be to big and when closing the door back they compress till they can't compress anymore and door if miles away from the body, i have fitted the locks and to get the door on the lock and click shut u really have to push it very hard( with risk of denting it), now this can't be right, looking at the old rubbers and the ones from GPC the old ones just looks thinner and more felxiable also a sort of different shape. so i have concluded that the rubbers they sent are just not a good fit for the car and will need to replace these again now. does anyone know where i could get a good fitting pair of door rubber?

Sorry for the rant and to GPC but the rubbers just are not good.

Batman.

if anyone has any ideas or help that would be great, i will put some pick of the rubbbers up on here tomorrow.

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
Re: Door seal HELL!!!
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2007, 14:47 »
im afraid i don't know of anyone.

did you measure the seals to your old ones orig? if they are considerably bigger (more than wear) the i'd be dubious they are correct?!