Author Topic: GTI PERFORMANCE  (Read 8623 times)

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI PERFORMANCE
« Reply #10 on: 16 December 2018, 00:01 »
Yes, there was an increase in May,  from £30,475 (12/17 price) to £30,585 for GTI PP Manual.
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 17 December 2018, 15:33 »
Thanks for the replies just need to time the change right and get the best deal

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
« Reply #12 on: 17 December 2018, 18:05 »
Keyless, lane assist and reversing camera now standard.
Price increase tomorrow morning, likely to be 2-300 I'm told

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 17 December 2018, 19:02 »

I’d have spec’d keyless and reversing camera anyway
So for £200- £300 in the price increase that’s a bonus with lane assist thrown in

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 17 December 2018, 20:22 »

Surprised they've thrown the keyless in with all the bad press it's been getting of late.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 17 December 2018, 20:26 »

Surprised they've thrown the keyless in with all the bad press it's been getting of late.

Wouldn't want it personally, but it does seem to be standard on lot's of higher end VAG trim levels these days. Was standard on the Mk7 for a while before the Mk7.5 came out...
7.5 GTD

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #16 on: 17 December 2018, 21:08 »

I'd get that deleted for sure.

Of other two, the camera I doubt I'd ever look at and the lane assist would probably get turned off after five minutes because its bound to be annoying as hell.

Yeah, thanks VW...

Why not free metallic paint or NavPro or DynAudio - you know, things people actually want...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 17 December 2018, 22:42 »
Have Keyless on the current GTD and over here we don’t have the same issues with cars being stolen with Keyless entry - not to say it couldn’t happen
The car will have Gap insurance on it as I do on all our cars so will have some piece of mind even it were to go
Keys are kept in a Faraday pouch and have additional security in place also

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 18 December 2018, 12:29 »
VW Keyless and what they put on other VAG cars are not always the same. My Audi A4 has 'keyless' but it does not unlock the doors (it just allows the engine start button to work once the key is present inside the vehicle). Thats the key difference (groan) - on a Golf 'keyless' allows the doors to be opened once the key (or the signal from the key) is within close proximity the car - highly undesirable and a significant factor in car crime IMHO.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 18 December 2018, 13:51 »
VW Keyless and what they put on other VAG cars are not always the same. My Audi A4 has 'keyless' but it does not unlock the doors (it just allows the engine start button to work once the key is present inside the vehicle). Thats the key difference (groan) - on a Golf 'keyless' allows the doors to be opened once the key (or the signal from the key) is within close proximity the car - highly undesirable and a significant factor in car crime IMHO.

Apparently, you can switch keyless entry off on the new Polo so it works like your Audi A4. If you use the key fob ‘lock’ button to lock the car conventionally as you would with a non-keyless car, it disables the keyless entry functionality and you have to use ‘unlock’ button on the key fob to gain entry (engine starting is still via the start button).

Keyless entry isn’t permanently disabled though - you need to use the key fob each time you lock the car; no real hardship though as you’d do this anyway if you didn’t have keyless.

Does the mk7.5 Golf wth keyless have this functionality so owners can deactivate keyless entry if they want to?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl