Author Topic: mot check list  (Read 102437 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Re: mot check list
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2005, 07:33 »
sweet!  :grin:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline bryant

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 06 September 2005, 10:25 »
"Wipers and washers - operate to give the driver a clear view of the road"

I've got my MOT in October and have removed my rear wiper. Will this be a failure? I think it passed without one last year, can't remember!

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #12 on: 06 September 2005, 12:40 »
i think if its not fitted they dont check it, if you have one but it doesnt work then that may be a different matter! some base model fords come with no rear wiper, they must get through there mot!  :smiley:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 06 September 2005, 13:08 »
You don't need the rear wiper for the MOT. If you have one fitted it doesn't have to work and they can't even snag the wiperblade itself.

Offline ronnie'C'

• Here all the time
  • MKVI GTi and a MK3 VR6 (lhd)
« Reply #14 on: 12 October 2005, 21:07 »
try this link all; http://www.ukmot.com/manual.asp
It gives you the reasons that the MOT station will fail your car on.

Offline Gen Martok

• GTI forum regular
  • Grab Hold Of This Girls, It's The Bannister!!
« Reply #15 on: 24 October 2005, 13:24 »
 :smiley: My God, How useful is that link!  I should be able to check most of the car over with that, and with a bit of luck be able to predict what she might fail on. Still depends on how strict the tester is and if the garage is one of those that like to fail everything in the hope of making money though, or is that me being cynical?
91' Golf GT1 16v, 91' Corrado 16v

Offline ronnie'C'

• Here all the time
  • MKVI GTi and a MK3 VR6 (lhd)
« Reply #16 on: 24 October 2005, 17:44 »
That link is the guidlines that all testers have to follow. If you are unhappy with any reason that he/she has failed your car for then ask him about it and ask to see in the inspection manual where it says the reason for which they failed you.

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 03 November 2005, 17:23 »
Hi guys

What about a rear number plate light as I smoothed my boot and shifted me number plate but I don't want big ugly lights all over the number plate any ideas on the legalities not so bad in summer. :D

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline Mk1Mad J - 16v

• I live here
  • At my age I don't have to act responsibly...
Re: mot cheack list
« Reply #18 on: 03 November 2005, 17:29 »
I heard recently that the spare wheel is checked if it is present - BUT, it is not mandatory. Therefore, if it isn't in the car to start with they don't check it and you don't fail :wink:

A NICE LITTLE TIP FOR YA - I always say that i don't carry a spare cos its too much hassle to get it out with my boot stuffed full of speakers and amps and stuff  :huh: i've only had one tester actually open the boot and he took one look at the sub box and closed it again  :rolleyes:

"Ever since I started to surf, I have realized that golf is for people who don't know how to surf."  -- Tiger Woods.

my dub project:-
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=35338.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEUOoH_xxo

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #19 on: 03 November 2005, 17:30 »
Hi guys

What about a rear number plate light as I smoothed my boot and shifted me number plate but I don't want big ugly lights all over the number plate any ideas on the legalities not so bad in summer. :D

The number plate will have to have some kind of illumination otherwise they'll fail that deffo. They fail them if one of the two number plate lights is out if memory serves me correct because I think that happened to me years ago.
......now officially dubless.