Author Topic: Seat Size Question  (Read 1686 times)

Offline JonLeeper

• GTI forum regular
Seat Size Question
« on: 28 September 2009, 20:09 »
I have tried a search and got lots of people saying "fit buckets" but no information on the seat types and sizes so have started a new thread.

I currently have Raceland Windblokker seats fitted to the Mk2.  They are old but serviceable and fitted to (original?) runners so that both drivers and passengers seat slide forward and back.  The problem is twofold, firstly they are too narrow and deep around the seat and I have difficulty getting in and out.  I am also somewhat uncomfortable when actually seated.  Secondly they are mounted so high that my knees are in constantly contact with the steering wheel and I don't feel that I have sufficient freedom to feel comfortable when I take the car out onto a track.

I don't want to go round the buoy a few times here and so have been looking for one/two replacement seats.  If I go for 'rocco or other Mk GTi seats I will have to pay about £80 and will probably change them eventually as I will want to fit a cage and harnesses.  So which buckets are not bank breaking but suit a slightly larger (6'2" and rugby forward sized) frame?