Author Topic: 09 plate with rns510 and questions on upgrading.....  (Read 1530 times)

Offline branchinghenk

• Not said much yet
Hey Im new here so if iv posted this in the wrong place im sorry.

I got a 09 plate golf with a rns510 and iv got a few questions on upgrading.

1. will a bluetooth module from a 2012 golf be ok to use with my stereo and a harness from china via ebay?

2.Holding down that button to see my software version doesnt work. I believe this is because I must have a very old software version. Is this correct?

3. Is it worth upgrading the software? Am I correct in saying i just need a copy of the  latest software and also a copy of the latest maps and hey presto? Is there somewhere i can buy copies from as i dunno how to dl them and burn them.

4. Is it worth getting the tv tuner and the rear camera? Iv looked and the camera is a bit cheaper on ebay but the tv tuner seems to be very expensive, about 500 quid.

thanks and sorry for bombarding you guys with a bunch of questions you prob get asked all the time.

cheeeeers guys
Branchinghenk

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: 09 plate with rns510 and questions on upgrading.....
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2013, 23:15 »
you'll need to upgrade your software twice for it to work properly and while your on you may as well put version 9 maps on. pm me when you have enough posts and I can sort you what you need.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline branchinghenk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2013, 11:17 »
excellent. thank u for getting back to me.

Offline branchinghenk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2013, 11:18 »
How many posts do i need to start PMing?