Author Topic: Proof of no claims - urgent help!  (Read 7537 times)

Offline Steve78

• Here all the time
Proof of no claims - urgent help!
« on: 30 July 2008, 23:00 »
I was with Elephant for 3/4 years and I switched to Direct Line 2 months ago.  I have received a letter from Direct Line telling me that they are going to cancel my policy as I have not provided proof of my no claims (3 years).  They never asked for proof which is annoying so this is all out of the blue.

I'm going to call Direct Line tomorrow to try and sort this mess out, but would Elephant be able to provide proof?  Seeing as I am no longer a customer of Elephant, will they be willing to help me out?

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Proof of no claims - urgent help!
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2008, 23:03 »
Yes. Normal practice to get proof of no claims from your last insurer.

Call Direct Line, say sorry guv, gotta get it.... speak to Elephant (remembers everything) get sent proof, post to Direct Line.

:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Steve78

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2008, 23:05 »
Yes. Normal practice to get proof of no claims from your last insurer.

Call Direct Line, say sorry guv, gotta get it.... speak to Elephant (remembers everything) get sent proof, post to Direct Line.

:)

Ok thanks, it's worrying as Direct Line have said they are invoking the clause to cancel my policy.  Will Direct Line back off while I get the proof?  I realise I need to speak to them but they are closed now and I'm worried sick!

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2008, 23:09 »
Ring up Direct Line in the morning, just say "sorry dudes, never realised, can you give me a week or so to sort this?". Also say, "if I give you my policy number with Elephant are you able to check it out without me having to be sent it?"

All good. :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

tisme

« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2008, 23:44 »
i had this today! i have changed from aa to swinton, swinton said they would cancel my policy on friday of this week :shocked: so i phoned them gave them my cars reg and policy number and the aa phones number they did it all for me... its normal for your new insurer to phone for confirmation of no claims and....they found out i have 10 years no claims so wey hey they saved me another £35!

give them all your details and your car or previous car and ask nice they will do it :wink: hope that helps and makes sense,... i've had a few drinks  :smug:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 August 2008, 13:08 »
Had this myself mate simple to sort Ring Elephant and say I need my prove of no claims in writting please for my new insurance company and they will send it no problem. You could even fax it to direct line to speed up the process.  :smiley:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline RichM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2008, 15:31 »
You should have 1 of 2 things. Either a page from your last years insurance certificate that states how many years NCB you have. Or when you canceled your Elephant policy they should send out a letter with proof of your no claims bonus. Then either of these can be sent to your new insurer. But usually insurance companies can search each others databases quite easily.
I hate this! They can see in seconds if you have a claim or their new favourite term 'Incident' on your file which send your premium through the roof. But as soon as it comes to NCB they claim to not have the foggiest. I refuse to believe that it is not stored on an easily accessible database for all to see. W**kers

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #7 on: 31 August 2008, 18:43 »
Quick suggestion - send it recorded delivery if you can't fax it  and make sure you get the correct address from the person on the phone - these things have a habit of going "missing" in big companies...  :angry:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.