Author Topic: Admiral, Elephant, Bell, Diamond. WORST customer services ever.  (Read 7803 times)

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
Re: Admiral, Elephant, Bell, Diamond. WORST customer services ever.
« Reply #10 on: 21 October 2011, 20:31 »
Just a thought - read the small print on the quote before singing up?  :rolleyes:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #11 on: 25 October 2011, 19:11 »
All insurance companies charge unreasonable admin and cancellation charges.
I've not found one that will waver the charges.

I got caught out with the laws on the insurance automatically renewing changing. With Admiral BTW. Had been living away ( and didn't change my address where they send the new years renewal quote) and so didn't get the letter telling me that my insurance had gone up by £8, I asked why and she said I was lucky to have it only raised by that amount, the cheek! :shocked: So it auto renewed and I got a phone call confirming this. In the mean time I did some searched and could of gotten insured for £200 less, so I tried to cancel. Similar story to OP they wanted nearly £250 for cancelling my policy a week after it started for a £800 policy! Had to stick with them in the end as I would of lost too much. Will be moving next year for sure even if it costs more!

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #12 on: 26 October 2011, 07:33 »
All insurance companies charge unreasonable admin and cancellation charges.
I've not found one that will waver the charges.

I got caught out with the laws on the insurance automatically renewing changing. With Admiral BTW. Had been living away ( and didn't change my address where they send the new years renewal quote) and so didn't get the letter telling me that my insurance had gone up by £8, I asked why and she said I was lucky to have it only raised by that amount, the cheek! :shocked: So it auto renewed and I got a phone call confirming this. In the mean time I did some searched and could of gotten insured for £200 less, so I tried to cancel. Similar story to OP they wanted nearly £250 for cancelling my policy a week after it started for a £800 policy! Had to stick with them in the end as I would of lost too much. Will be moving next year for sure even if it costs more!

I would have thought you would be lucky to get away with living at a different address to the one on your policy. In fairness to Admiral they give you a couple of weeks notice for any renewal and you can cancel anytime within these weeks for free. I am with Admiral and find them very helpful. Whenever I have rung them they have been polite and helpful and done everything I have asked with no bother.

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 26 October 2011, 12:55 »
im with admiral.

the first month of my insurance was an absolute mare. i did a quote with alloys and window tints on the car just to see how much it was (car was still standard) got a letter in the post saying i owe them 400 quid in outstanding charges, rang up and it was for admin fees and for the alloys and window tints, i explained i haddent modded the car and they asked for pics so i sent them some. a few weeks later i got another letter saying my policie is being canceld and i will not receive any of the 1500 i paid for the policy back. rang up they said that  they haddent got the pictures and asked for me to send them off again, i emailed them again, one week later another letter saying i have 2 days to pay the now 500 quid i owe from other admin fees and fines before my policy is canceld i ring up again and they say they havent received them and tell me to send them in the post, i do, again they send another letter out saying i have 2 days to pay before my insurance is canceld, i ring up and explain and the lad on the end of the phone could tell i was sick of sending them over and over again so just said ok ill take them off your policy (shouldnt have been on my policy in the first place cause i didnt have those mods and thats the reason i didnt declare them, only did the quote to see how much theyd charge) and just said if i did have them done then i wouldnt be coverd, which is fare enough.

was a right pain in the arse, cost me alot too, think it was about £40 i spent ringing them  :angry:

insurance is up for renewal this month so going to see who i can get it cheepest with, hopefully not them!

Offline 16VWarby

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 26 October 2011, 20:21 »
TBH apart from where they hike the price for paying monthly ive had no problems, been with one of these companies for the last 3 years now.

Im insuring the mk3 with admiral on monthly with my NCB and Bell will be insuring my 200sx (mods declared) with no NCB on it for the same price per annum if i pay outright.

Always found customer services to be helpful when adding mods / changing cars etc etc.... Had a bit of bother getting them to insure the chip on the nissan but think ive got there now, still half the price of Sky & about a million pounds less than flux :)

Nissan 200sx s14 soon to be 350hp drift machine :D

2007 Golf Edition 30 DSG, weekend toy :D

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN  -  Isle of Man

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 27 October 2011, 09:50 »
All these 'extra' admin and cancellation charges never existed not many years ago, its all about insurance companies extracting extra money for profit, simples.
And they all do it  :rolleyes:
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #16 on: 27 October 2011, 10:05 »
All these 'extra' admin and cancellation charges never existed not many years ago, its all about insurance companies extracting extra money for profit, simples.

Not necessarily true as I am with Admiral and have changed cars a few times this year and never been charged a penny for the privilage. Just rang them up and a very helpful person has done the change quickly and easily. Cancellation charges are standard and in the small print when you take the policy out.

Offline hazd31

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 29 October 2011, 17:06 »
Althoug cheapest around.

they are the most useless, charged me twice then wouldnt admit it!

Got fined by the bank several time and had no money for 2 weeks. Had no sympathy.

If there cheapest again next year ill have to go with them, as much as i want an alternative.

Its all a con anyway, I pay an extra 800 onop of the price of a hard top car because they say an convertable is more likely to get stolen, But the cars only valued at £500. Also my excess is double the value of the car!

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 30 October 2011, 15:48 »

Not necessarily true as I am with Admiral and have changed cars a few times this year and never been charged a penny for the privilage. Just rang them up and a very helpful person has done the change quickly and easily. Cancellation charges are standard and in the small print when you take the policy out.

Cancellation charges didn't exist probably 5 years ago, when i used to insure a second car i could cancel without charge.
Change of address, change of car, they all charge an admin fee, its in the small print.
Again these charges never used to exist.
Profiteering again.
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #19 on: 30 October 2011, 16:36 »

Cancellation charges didn't exist probably 5 years ago, when i used to insure a second car i could cancel without charge.
Change of address, change of car, they all charge an admin fee, its in the small print.
Again these charges never used to exist.
Profiteering again.

I beg to differ Mate.....I have changed my car 7 times within the last year and never been charged a penny for the privilage  :smiley: