Author Topic: !!! What Alloys For My MK3? !!!  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Cra1g

• GTI forum regular
  • You May Pass Me, But You Won't Outlast Me!
!!! What Alloys For My MK3? !!!
« on: 15 November 2005, 23:09 »
Hi lads / lass's

I have this thing.....

Its taking over, its called owning a Golf MK3! I want to get my car in shape as best I can ready for the summer. I have recently sold my spare PC, and am wondering what alloys I can get for a 4 stud MK3?

I REALLY like the loko of carl's alloys, the Audi TT Competiton ones. I'd like that type of look alloys, any idea's wha I can get for say £300/£400?

Cheers

Cra1g

Offline vanish

• Not said much yet
Re: !!! What Alloys For My MK3? !!!
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2005, 01:54 »
I had a set of 17" Audi TT rims on my old mk3 and they looked the biz but they're 5 stud and obviously won't fit on to your hubs. I got them for £200 off ebay with 4 nearly new tyres too!! Absolute bargain. My advice is keep an eye out on on ebay and other similar places for a good 2nd hand set.
What better time than now, what better place than here?

Offline Cra1g

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2005, 20:41 »
Ok kool, thanks Vanish.

How hard is it to replace the 4 stud hubs with 5 stud?

Or is it possible to buy adapters?

Cra1g

Offline GolfGL

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2005, 20:28 »
venom do spacers for £150 but will also push the wheels out and as the audi wheels are pretty wide as standard you'l most likely get rubbing. GTi disc conversion will be well expensive or spend a lot of time in a scrappy. For the money something off the shelf will be cheaper and less hassel, plus the VW/audi wheels look great but you see them everywhere now.
Audi TT 3.2 24v v6 2005 - The Sloth - Weekends
VW Golf 2.0 8v GTI 1996 - Lemonade II -Daily
MNR Vortx Yamaha R1 2009 - Track days
Sold Seat Leon Cupra R 225 -LM04 NDE "Lemonade"

Offline Cra1g

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2005, 20:43 »
GolfGL,

I know what you mean, the Audi/VW Alloys are everywhere, but thats probs due to the fact the look the nicest and aren't automatically associated with "Chavness".

And I dont mean to be rude to any members of this forum, but here I have noticed there are ALOT of so called sheeps who follow and copy everything else that is done or said, hopeing that they will not be the attention of a bombardment of chavness type talk directed to their motor.

Cra1g

Offline GolfGL

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2005, 11:01 »
I know what you mean but if you want to be individual you have to pay the price. For the money you got you'lll easily get something off ebay llike tt/rs4 wheels but will need the spacers. Max power is always good for getting the best price on alloys and thats where i got mine the newer versions of them with a deep dish look are the ace132/218. Maybe more than you want to spend but only got to place one order and will go straight on. If you dont like washing your wheels dont buy them my missus hates me washing the car :grin:
Audi TT 3.2 24v v6 2005 - The Sloth - Weekends
VW Golf 2.0 8v GTI 1996 - Lemonade II -Daily
MNR Vortx Yamaha R1 2009 - Track days
Sold Seat Leon Cupra R 225 -LM04 NDE "Lemonade"

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #6 on: 01 December 2005, 15:02 »
And I dont mean to be rude to any members of this forum, but here I have noticed there are ALOT of so called sheeps who follow and copy everything else that is done or said, hopeing that they will not be the attention of a bombardment of chavness type talk directed to their motor.

Errrr, how to win friends and influence people eh ! :rolleyes: I dont mean to be rude our kid but not actually typing this would probably have been your best course of action. :wink:
......now officially dubless.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #7 on: 01 December 2005, 17:52 »
must.......resist...........urge................  :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

Offline vwagain

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 02 December 2005, 00:51 »
must.......resist...........urge................  :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

:grin: :grin:

Stu
1996 2.0l 8v, black magic pearl paint<br />