Author Topic: Watch out. ACC (Adaptive Chassis Control) is £705 extra  (Read 12466 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Watch out. ACC (Adaptive Chassis Control) is £705 extra
« Reply #20 on: 13 July 2009, 15:38 »
the difference on speed and control between the 18s and 17s will be minimal i doubt that you'll be able to notice it.  yet the difference visually between the 18s and 17s is massive in my opinion - the 18s are a must have!!
As a normal road user I doubt you'd notice the difference between the 17s and 18s. I've changed the 17s on both my mk5s to 18s (for looks!!!) and the ride is much the same. The roads in the UK are so bad you could have 15s on there and still need regular dentist work where your fillings have rattled loose.
The 18s look better full stop. 19s would look even better again  :evil:
oooow... thanks for the responses... hmmm I had asked the dealer about it too before i made the order. He said most people would opt for the 18s as they offer more control and allows the car to be more stable at higher speeds. I said I would prefer to have the 17s and he replied, thats why it was good I chose the car with the ACC for comfort... From what you are telling me the 17s are the best sized rims... as it offers both speed and control... sob sob sob

If the 18s are only for looks... sigh... too late...

HM

I can't find the EVO test now online, it was about 2007 using a Golf GTI (same basic chassis as mk6) where they tested a load of tyres against each other on 18'' rims, then chucked on a set of 17s to see the difference and it was about 1.5 seconds around the track quicker.
Don't listen to dealers too much as they tend to talk sh!te. The salesman who took me out in a mk6 GTI told me the car had more torque than my mk5 as it had a supercharger as well as a turbo. Yeah okay.
Once again, the 18s look better!

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 13 July 2009, 15:50 »
i agree, why they don't have an option for 19s i don't know, i couldn't care less if the ride is harder or not, you soon get used to that - big alloys far outweigh any so called disruption to the ride!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 13 July 2009, 15:53 »
i agree, why they don't have an option for 19s i don't know, i couldn't care less if the ride is harder or not, you soon get used to that - big alloys far outweigh any so called disruption to the ride!!

I reckon it'll be on the cards as an option with the R model. The Scirocco can be ordered with 19s and there are also an option on the Scirocco R so therefore.......fingers crossed.......
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2009, 15:53 »
The salesman who took me out in a mk6 GTI told me the car had more torque than my mk5 as it had a supercharger as well as a turbo. Yeah okay.

Me on mk5 test drive: "so how many valves per cylinder does this new engine have?"

salesman: "i'd have to check but i think it's about 50"

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #24 on: 13 July 2009, 15:58 »
Here we go again, no body is allowed to have an objective view without someone else knocking them!!! So what if 17's are a tad faster?  if you like 18's which I do what is point something of a second going to matter? it's not as if I am going to be racing the car I have bought mine because I love the look of it with the 18's.

It's like going to a restaurant and being told not to order something cos someone else doesn't like it. For goodness sake we are all different and VW have given us the choice of wheels. :angry: :angry: :angry:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 13 July 2009, 16:01 »
Where's the knocking? I didn't see an argument here?  :huh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 13 July 2009, 16:10 »
do we know what the R model spec will be yet and when its out?  will it be the equivalent of the Ed30 for the mk5?  didn't like the alloys on the ed30 :-)
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 13 July 2009, 16:16 »
Only heresay so far. The full details of the Scirocco are released and I doublt it will be that much different spec wise, just unique wheels I reckon.
I much preferred the black Monzas on the Euro ED30s myself.

Depending on what forum you visit, they reckon the Golf R could be revealed at the Frankfurt motorshow later this year, so probably available next Spring/Summer in the UK (Germany maybe early next year?).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 13 July 2009, 16:32 »
that's still a way away then.  trouble with these faster editions, for me anyway, is the fuel consumption.  the r32 for eg was a peach of a car but thirsty as anything.  and i do quite a few miles everyday so its weighing up the speed/performance against visits to the the petrol station!  and you can't drive a gti/ed30/r32 or whatever like miss daisy, they deserve to be driven hard!!  the R will certainly look good though i have no doubt!  i'll stick to a plain old mk6 gti for the time being!!

man, i want my new car now instead of having to wait till the end of sep....
Audi RS5 2018

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #29 on: 13 July 2009, 16:37 »
I believe I saw a car with monza shadows on the other day but instead of being silver with the black shadow these were all black, I thought they looked quite nice are they a VW option or just a copy by some other manufacturer anyone?
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.