Author Topic: Help needed to remove rear bumper  (Read 1857 times)

Offline MysteryMan

• Not said much yet
Help needed to remove rear bumper
« on: 01 October 2016, 11:42 »
I have a Mk5 GTI and the rear parking sensors are playing up. Assuming I can identify which sensor is faulty I plan to try to replace it myself and this will mean removing the rear bumper.

I have seen some advice on how to do this and gather that I need to remove the light assemblies to access 2 torq screws that are lurking there and that there are 4 more in each wheel arch.

Finally, it seems there are some more in the centre, but, am not sure where these are or how to get at them. Are they ones that attach the black plastic lower half of the bumper to car body or do I need to get up behind bumper to access (seems a bit tight for space, if that's the case!)

If anyone can help, I would be most grateful - thanks  :smiley:

Offline MysteryMan

• Not said much yet
Re: Help needed to remove rear bumper
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2016, 10:11 »
I should have pointed out that I had already done a Google search, looked at all results and STILL wanted help!!!!!!

However, this is interesting as clicking the above link on my PC, it just gives me the results from Google search, but, if I click it on a tablet then it takes me to workshop-manuals.com and this has loads of diagrams showing the rear bumper assembly, which should be a great help.

Thanks!