Author Topic: Bad Classified Ads  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Conker

• I live here
Bad Classified Ads
« on: 01 March 2009, 17:11 »
There has been a huge amount of badly crafted ads in the classifieds section lately. No pics, no price, no location etc.

Now I know that its up to the seller to make a decent advert, and that there is a classifieds guidance section (http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=72374.0), but is there something we can do to "remind" them to include the key items?

IDEAS:

1) When they click "New Thread" it puts some reminder text automatically into the text box like "Remember to put the location in you muppet", but perhaps a less offensive version!

2) In the bit of the screen where "Warning! Someone has already posted a reply" appears (in red text), could a reminder/confirmation appear when they click "Post"?

Just a suggestion,
Dave

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Re: Bad Classified Ads
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2009, 18:36 »
Yeah I agree with this, it's not hard but seems like a complete new language to some people. How hard can it be?

Item:

Price:

Details of product:

Pictures:

Sorted lol!

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2009, 19:04 »
cos some people arent very educated - and just try their best  :cry:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2009, 19:19 »
agree with whats been said, also make it mandatory for an ad to have a price like on ed38.. as theres nothing more annoying than some who just puts 'offers' in the hope some muppet will offer them more than they are hoping for..  :angry:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2009, 19:24 »
well I am going to disagree - and heres why

1, we aint E38

2, if the ad is crap, they wont sell the item, their loss no one elses.

3, why change wot aint broke. peeps sell stuff on here without the need for templates etc etc

:tongue:

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2009, 20:51 »
I agree that some details should be included, however, location is a bit trivial if your interested it's not that hard to pm or call and ask is it.

For instance some folks leave there location out of their profile for a personal security reason, I would say locations should be left for later if your interested rather than nosey  :drool:

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2009, 20:58 »
I'm suggesting extra reminders would be a good idea if poss, not templates that FORCE them to.  None of the sellers I've asked "Location?" to have then said "Sorry I won't tell you the region I live in because I'm frightened you might find me", they've all just said "Ooops, sorry forgot".

Location for example, is critical to whether I'm interested in the item or not.

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2009, 21:08 »
If it's the right car I would travel and all I'm saying is I wouldn't have a problem asking for location  :wink:

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2009, 20:57 »
acually locations most important thing to me. I dont view or am not interested unless it sresonably close as so much it just crap and wont waste energy and time traveling to far. I think location should be in all posts for sale.

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2009, 21:21 »
well I am going to disagree - and heres why

1, we aint E38

2, if the ad is crap, they wont sell the item, their loss no one elses.

3, why change wot aint broke. peeps sell stuff on here without the need for templates etc etc

:tongue:

What Chuff said!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk