Author Topic: Active Info Display MPH to KMH conversion  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: Active Info Display MPH to KMH conversion
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2017, 13:53 »
I'll bet you just change the units of measurement in the car setup menu. As I said, it does it already...

I would be very surprised if this is not the case, after all, you can swap the headlight dipping for driving on the right. With the advertised choices of display, why would mph/kph not be one of them?
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2017, 15:39 »
I'll bet you just change the units of measurement in the car setup menu. As I said, it does it already...

I would be very surprised if this is not the case, after all, you can swap the headlight dipping for driving on the right. With the advertised choices of display, why would mph/kph not be one of them?

Do all uk cars not have to be able to show kph in the main display and not just in the centre DIS
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2017, 15:44 »
Thanks for comments guys and ur right, alternative readout can be selected via MFD but my situation is more about 'type approval' and the ability to have the principal readout in the 'local currency' ie KMH here in Ireland.
I have been led to believe that to import a brand new car here from the UK, traditionally the dials wud need to be swapped out. However, now its a digital display i wud hope the AID can simply be reprogrammed to display the native readout, ie KMH and not MPH.

Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 26 March 2017, 16:15 »
Thanks for comments guys and ur right, alternative readout can be selected via MFD but my situation is more about 'type approval' and the ability to have the principal readout in the 'local currency' ie KMH here in Ireland.
I have been led to believe that to import a brand new car here from the UK, traditionally the dials wud need to be swapped out. However, now its a digital display i wud hope the AID can simply be reprogrammed to display the native readout, ie KMH and not MPH.

It has to be able to. European car don't have to show mph but uk car do have to be able to show kph on the main speed display hence why our car her in the uk(and cars from a few years back in Ireland) have such cluttered up displays.

Even the old UR Quattro's with the digital displays were able to be changed from mph to kph I think.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 26 March 2017, 17:00 »
The new digital dashes would be simply a matter of changing something with VCDS as for cost sake they would all be the same world wide with different programming.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 27 March 2017, 00:18 »
I'm pretty sure that changing the unit of measurement will toggle the virtual dials as well as the "MFD" readout (which is virtualised as well now).

Wouldn't make any sense for it to be any different
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC