Author Topic: Arches rear roll or cut  (Read 4317 times)

Offline manousos4

• Just got here
Arches rear roll or cut
« on: 14 March 2017, 03:35 »
Hi guys i want help for this, i know that rear arches are 2 metal, mine is without trim arches , front is one metal i cut it all good but the rear? can i roll or cut it without welding? To fit lower offset ?and how much?  Thanks a lot.

Offline Brighouse-gti

• Here all the time
Re: Arches rear roll or cut
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2017, 13:26 »
What size wheels are you wanting to fit?.. Off set on the alloys on my mk2 are ET6 and they fit with no mod to arch. I do have coilovers on but that was more for a drop than to get the wheels to fit. They fit just nicely under the arch so no MOT fail for wheels pertruding arch..

« Last Edit: 14 March 2017, 13:31 by Brighouse-gti »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2017, 13:42 »
Ive had widetracked mk2 with mk3 wheels and all i did was roll the arches on the back.
If you can get it rolled nicely youll not notice.
But as has been said its all on wheel et and width

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2017, 17:46 »
if you cut them, then you're going to be removing the section with the spot welds, that holds the inner arch to the outer arch. I would roll them and brush a good dose of underseal in the back afterwards :wink:

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2017, 00:52 »
As previously mentioned the rears are double skinned. If you cut them without reinstating the welds you'll remove significant rigidity and crash strength for your car. But you shouldn't need to cut them. It's a chunky lip so it easier to use a radiused tool. Also no need to cut the fronts either unless you're going silly low with negative offset. Seen too many cars ruined by have a go heroes who don't know an arch roller from their @rseholes  :rolleyes:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.