Author Topic: Pics of MK4's on 17" Audi TT Ronal 6 spoke wheels? Price to pay for a set?  (Read 14162 times)

Offline The Dave

• I live here
Hi guys. Got 16" Audi TT 5 spokes at the mo... nice wheels but the baloon tyres are starting to look a bit too bulbous, I'd love some 18" RS6 5 spokes BUT I think the ride would annoy me, as it's good at the mo (to be expected on 205/55/16 rubber).

So I guess I need to compromise. RS6 copies in 17" look too small, as do the newer RS4 one's I think.

But these TT rims look quite big for 17" Anyone got an idea of price I should be paying with 225/45 tyres which they came with as standard?

Also anyone got pics of MK4's on these wheels? Many thanks :)

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
Go for 18's, even on an island where each road the camber is out, constant 'S bends' round potholes, and uneven tarmac everywhere, 18's aren't that bad..  :smiley:

And they look  :cool:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
my mate has those wheels in 17" on his Golf and they do look superb, really fill the arches nicely

I'll get him to mail me a pic

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Go for 18's, even on an island where each road the camber is out, constant 'S bends' round potholes, and uneven tarmac everywhere, 18's aren't that bad..  :smiley:

You're not joking

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline The Dave

• I live here
Cheers guys, Wazzer it'd be good if you could get a pic of them :)

Seen a few standard cars on the Autotrader with them on and a few Bora's and Estates but not many 3 doors lowered about the same as mine to give me a better idea...

They're quite rare on a Golf all in all which is good though and the ride quality shouldn't be too bad.

I agree 18's look  :cool: as hell, and if I struggle to find some of these 6 spoke jobbies for the right money I think some RS6 reps with a 35mm offset will have to be bought on 12 month finance haha :) Just hear stories of reps being heavy and soft metal, so don't want be tapping any potholes and bending rims!

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU

Offline The Dave

• I live here
Nice one mate :)

Mines a bit lower still so I think they'll look bigger than they are which is what I want really.

Need find a set now :D

Offline jimmy1888

• GTI forum regular
ive got these on mine and think they look not to bad at all :smiley: my car is only lowered about an inch and they fill the arches nicely, mind you i have just bought new tyres for them and have opted for 205/40's rather than the usual 225/45's they seem to come with so might have to purchase some lower springs depending how it sits! they are in real need of a refurb and im not sure wether to keep them the standard colour or gloss black???

will post some pics up when i get the new tyres fitted mate :wink:

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
come on dave go all out and get some 18" the ride aint that bad even round stoke

Offline The Dave

• I live here
18's would look sweet, I'd probably wanna get it lowered more aswell in the long run haha :)

Will see if I can drop on some of the 17" Audi rims but if not then may aswell buy a set of RS6 reps for 400ish with tyres in 18".