Author Topic: Swapping A3 for 7.5  (Read 4831 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Swapping A3 for 7.5
« Reply #20 on: 07 January 2018, 18:52 »
You can't VT on a lease, but you can on HP or PCP.

But you have to have paid 50% of the Total Amount Payable, not just the amount you originally borrowed. This includes both interest and any other charges, which can sometimes be quite a bit more than the loan value.
7.5 GTD

Offline Scotty-LA

• Just got here
« Reply #21 on: 10 January 2018, 13:32 »
I've found myself in negative equity on cars before. A top tip, depending how you financed the A3, is voluntary termination.

Most PCP/Lease deals allow you to hand the car back once 50% of the loan value has been paid.

I had £3k negative equity, but was only £500 from the magical 50% number.
Simply paid the £500 and returned the car.

Worth looking into.

P.S - I've recently moved from an A3 S-Line saloon to a 7.5 GTD.
You won't regret it.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will look into this closer to my 2 year mark. In fact I could probably predict the calculations now. I would imagine if i am short on the VT figure I could dip into my savings depending on how much and what deals are like on 7.5's at the time. Still not certain on GTI or GTD.

On another note, following from some of your advice, we took the car into the local Audi dealer. My wife explained what discomfort she was in and they kindly came and looked at our seat settings. After nearly an hour we think we had the right setting. Meanwhile I sat and drank coffee with the sales manager  :rolleyes:.

He alluded to the VT clause and also spoke a bit about how the A3 is quite a common car with the market flooded of them, not to mention they are apparently the most stolen car in its class... all these things drives down how much they are worth.

As we drove off, i thought we had solved this but a short motorway drive later (approx 30Mins) the wife had the same discomfort. I took over and the first thing I did was change all the settings as there was no way i could drive in that position.

Upshot.... I think the seats in my Audi are crap! Personal preference I know... but if I order a new car again, I will be sure to try all the seats before doing so!

Ps. Some of you asked what seats my friend had in his 7.5.... it was "Black/Red 'Art Velours/leather look".

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #22 on: 10 January 2018, 13:39 »
Can you find a picture of the seats that you have in your S3?

I'm intrigued to know which ones... the one I looked at didn't have anything like the basic sports seats you find in a Mk7 GTD/GTI.... more like non-performance seats.

Do you have the lumber support option?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC