Author Topic: Golf Cabriolet - has any bought one yet?  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Golf Cabriolet - has any bought one yet?
« on: 19 May 2012, 21:23 »
As the title suggests:-

After spending the day in and out of an SLK and Mini Roadster JCW I manage to persuade the MRS to go take a look at the Golf rag top. She liked it which was much to my surprise. The GTi is available to order but with the spec that I'd like it to have it was £33k. So the salesman who supplied me my 35 stacked a deal and came up with a Tungsten Grey GT 140 TDi with xenons, and black Vienne leather. They are offering £1500 deposit contribution with 0% finance. This makes it a cheaper option than the JCW which she really likes.

So, has anyone ordered one on her yet and what are people's thoughts?

Also has anyone got some decent pictures of the Charlestons on their Motor that I can show her?

Cheers.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Golf Cabriolet - has any bought one yet?
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2012, 22:10 »
Here's a few of mine. Sorry, photos aren't that great, but hopefully gives an idea of what the Charlestonns look like.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2012, 22:13 »
Nice one thanks! Ya motor looks lovely too!

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2012, 23:44 »
No, as per an earlier quote, our lass has just bought an 18 month old 123d cabriolet with all the trimmings for a bucket load cash less than a GTi Cabriolet. There really is no comparison. It's just as quick, far more economical, massively better built, really well specced (including BMW Professional sat nav which makes the RNS 510 look like a ZX Spectrum!!!) and the dealer's been consumately professional. It's just a completely different class to anything VW produce.

The above motor is £35k or so brand new - even at that price it's in a different league to a GTi Cab but 18 months on it's nearly £15k less and it becomes a no brainer. So shepherd the missus to her local BMW dealer. Or, if she doesn't like 1s get her the Mini. It'll be far better for far less money.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2012, 10:05 »
Personally I thought the Vancouvers were the best looking wheel they were offering on the GT's and GTD's for a while, not a huge fan of the Charlstons as look a bit fussy.

Is that the only wheel option?
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2012, 12:17 »
Personally I thought the Vancouvers were the best looking wheel they were offering on the GT's and GTD's for a while, not a huge fan of the Charlstons as look a bit fussy.

Is that the only wheel option?

Yep on the GTD's thats the only option VW offer...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver