Author Topic: Boot wont open  (Read 970 times)

Offline m4rt1ngti

• Not said much yet
Boot wont open
« on: 12 February 2012, 13:26 »
Right im obviously new here so to start off HI  :smiley:

Ive got a 2.0 golf gti 52 plate 3 door with 51k on the clock. (went for the 2.0 as the insurance is low for me)

Basically when i had it a couple of weeks ago the boot opened and locked fine with the fob. But i went to open it the other day and its not budging. I dont think the key has ever been used to unlock it as its solid.

I can hear what sounds like the boot unlocking and locking but when i operate the handle still nothing.

If anyone can shed any light on this i would reallllly appreciate it as its a head blag lol

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
Re: Boot wont open
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2012, 13:58 »
could be the metal piece that connects to the boot lock as come off easy fix just clips back on

Offline m4rt1ngti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2012, 14:01 »
I cant open the boot to get to it tho :cry:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2012, 14:04 »
This happened to me a few times in the cold weather. You can hear the boot 'unlocking', that little noise it makes when you press the fob, but then it doesn't move. I went and got some hot water and poured it all around the boot sill and lock etc...freed it right up  :smiley:

As for the lock, pour some WD40 in it see if that will help it operate.

Offline m4rt1ngti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2012, 14:17 »
just tried that but nothing lol.

Offline m4rt1ngti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2012, 15:04 »
Any other ideas? it would be nice just to get the thing open to see what the problem is

Offline tokemk4gti.t

• Here all the time
  • 2001 gti turbo :-)
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2012, 15:15 »
this happened to me yestrday window wash tube came off and was piddlin all over the mechanim ac90 spray and patience to open with the key!!! then u can sort out the mess!!! mine just need cleaning and greasing after
replacing the tube of the washer!!

Offline m4rt1ngti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2012, 16:07 »
this happened to me yestrday window wash tube came off and was piddlin all over the mechanim ac90 spray and patience to open with the key!!! then u can sort out the mess!!! mine just need cleaning and greasing after

Ive just give that a go so we shall see

Offline tokemk4gti.t

• Here all the time
  • 2001 gti turbo :-)
« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2012, 16:45 »

Offline m4rt1ngti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2012, 18:01 »
Its open :cool:

But it opened off the key fob and not the keywhole. so the keywhole is still siezed.
i
Could this be caused by a leaky washer jet? And the penatrating oil just allowed it to open?

I just dont want it to happen again