Author Topic: Sahara sand storm  (Read 9387 times)

Offline Waspy

• I live here
Re: Sahara sand storm
« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2015, 17:13 »
Grumble grumble. I don't even have access to a hose at this house. Either I am going to have to pray for some clean rain, or I'm gunna have to launch a bucket of water over it. At least it isn't as severe as last time, for now!
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 11 April 2015, 17:49 »
Grumble grumble. I don't even have access to a hose at this house. Either I am going to have to pray for some clean rain, or I'm gunna have to launch a bucket of water over it. At least it isn't as severe as last time, for now!

Alright Waspy, you've got it worse :sad:  No scope to get an outside tap installed?

I'd try and rinse it off with a few well aimed buckets of water.  Mind you there's probably more to come.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 April 2015, 18:34 »

Alright Waspy, you've got it worse :sad:  No scope to get an outside tap installed?

I'd try and rinse it off with a few well aimed buckets of water.  Mind you there's probably more to come.

It's rented, so sadly not. I will be moving house in summer. Top of my shopping list is a garage/drive and a water outlet! Closely followed by your standard amenities such as bedrooms and bathrooms.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 11 April 2015, 20:28 »
It's rented, so sadly not. I will be moving house in summer. Top of my shopping list is a garage/drive and a water outlet! Closely followed by your standard amenities such as bedrooms and bathrooms.

I've got 3 out of 3 of those but sadly the garage became a gym!  :sad:

If your garage is nice enough, you might not need the standard amenities  :laugh:

« Last Edit: 11 April 2015, 20:30 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 12 April 2015, 15:41 »
Waspy, I have just purchased a Karcher K4 ecological pressure washer, which works off either a water butt or bucket of water. Recommend if you cannot wait to move :cool:
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 12 April 2015, 15:50 »
Waspy, I have just purchased a Karcher K4 ecological pressure washer, which works off either a water butt or bucket of water. Recommend if you cannot wait to move :cool:

I bet a bucket of water doesn't last long though?! I'll have to have 5 lined up!  :laugh:

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: 12 April 2015, 18:32 »
You'd be surprised, I've tested one of these with a 15ltr bucket and it lasted about 8 minutes which doesn't sound long but that's a lot of timing for pressure washing.

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 April 2015, 21:27 »
Wow, that's very impressive actually. I will consider it if I don't move! I had seen them on the TV but thought they wouldn't work well out of a bucket. Thanks for the hint.

It's okay for now though, we seem to have had clean rain. Yay!

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 13 April 2015, 14:28 »
Damn you sahara sand storm. :angry: I finished washing waxing and sealing went inside to watch the footy then I had intended to come back in to finish off the inside only for it to start chucking it down whilst the beading looked good. its all dried in sand beads as per the pictures above.

now means I will have to wash and dry the car again on Tuesday Wednesday.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 17 April 2015, 18:57 »
Be gone, Sahara sand!!

Better now  :cool:

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual