Author Topic: Stupid R32 Driver......  (Read 2855 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Stupid R32 Driver......
« on: 22 August 2007, 16:17 »
Ok. Long story so hear goes... :undecided:

Im walking back from school today and suddenly this beautiful black beauty :rolleyes: (That being the R32) stops and parks almost next to me.  :rolleyes: Now you must understand. This is the first R32 I have ever seen in real life and it stunning :drool: .

Now being a golf lover fo over a year there are certain things you tend to pick up on and something was wrong with how the R32 looked. I could not pick it up. So i congradulated the owner on his lovely car and snapped a few pics wit my digi camera. I get home (10 min later) and upload the pics. Then it hit me.

His car was like 12cm high! I use the handy zoom function and notice that there is no chance in Hell that a R32 sits that high. Either that or it needs lowering asap!SO I shower and get dressed and make my way back to school to set up for a huge concert our choir etc are having tonight. (I am in charge of event coordination) And i see the R32 is still parked there. I looked at the rims and notice that the Spacers are still wedged between the suspension.

As far as I know. Having spacers in while driving is extremely dangerous especially with a sports car. One withh 4 wheel drive at that. So I do the decent thing and walk into the closest building and look for the guy that I saw get out the car. I find him and take him outside and explain to him that he needs to get his car to a dealer and when i try show him the actual spacers he says no its meant to be like that? :undecided: :shocked:

I explain that i am on these forums and its a common thing and he keeps saying that its meant to be like that. He then says that he had a GTI befre this and the dealer told him they had to stay in for 10 000km!!! So I explained thats impossible and that my moms GTI has 8000km on it and is a year old and has no spacers and every other GTI I have seen does not have them either. At that point I got annoyed with him and just said that insurance would not pay out if the car was in a accident and the spacers were in and that made his face go a bit like this- :shocked: which gave me great pleasure. (Remember we in a public building wit people looking at us)

In conclusion I go outside and look at the car one more time and notice a small sticker on the bumper. It was a Ashleys sticker and in South Africa Ashleys investment cars are known for selling expensive cars. So that made me laugh a little inside. So its a second hand car ( i actually have the magazine with it in) and looking at the person invovlved it does not surprise me that he bought it for a very low price.

But hey. I did my good deed for the day and if some stupid man does not want to listen then I have no reason to feel bad for him when he has a accident :sick:
Some people... Just thought I would share it with you guys and should a 16 year old "boy" come to you and tell you your new/secondhand car has its spacers in please respect him :evil:

Mike :smiley:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
Re: Stupid R32 Driver......
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2007, 16:25 »
Let's just hope he does pay heed to your words. Next time you see the car it would be intersting to see if the spacers are out.

Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2007, 16:34 »
If you want a pic you can get one

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline MK5 Golf GTI fan 1

• Not said much yet
  • The Golf GTI is got to be the best car ever!!!!
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2007, 16:38 »
Got any pics so show us the R32 on stilts. :shocked:
Nearist thing to being in a GTI is an Octavia vRS TDI

Offline Simonet

• Here all the time
  • Pearl Black GTI ED30
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2007, 16:41 »
pics please

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2007, 02:15 »
Yeahh pics please, am in the mood for a laugh  :laugh:

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2007, 07:27 »
Give me some time!  :grin:
The pictures honestly dont justify the topic. I swear I could get my hand in sideways between the arches and the wheel. My camera actually fitted in the gap. (Unfortunatly none of the pictures came out)

I have called barons and given the cars registration in to them. They know who the car belongs to and will be doing a recall :evil:
Somehow I always win :kiss:

Uploading pics now

Join our group now!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2007, 07:54 »
Here we are. Sorry about the first pic. I forgot to rotate before I uploaded  :nerd:

See what I mean? The pics dont do it justice :lipsrsealed:

Join our group now!

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 August 2007, 11:42 »
To be honest i think you have a good eye, dont think i would have recognised anything lol....you should have slapped the guy in the balls and ran away, im pretty sure he would have got rid of the spacers then  :evil: anddd....he should give the car a clean :)

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2007, 11:47 »
Has the man ever heard of washing your car!?

Damm fool !