Author Topic: Help needed anyone please!  (Read 4255 times)

Offline p3eps

• I live here
Re: Help needed anyone please!
« Reply #10 on: 28 May 2007, 18:15 »

HAND WASH ONLY if you value your cars gleaming paintwork and alloys :wink:

Are you not supposed to hose the car first to knock off any sand / grit before sponging?  Otherwise you drag the sand / grit around with your sponge!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 28 May 2007, 18:16 »

HAND WASH ONLY if you value your cars gleaming paintwork and alloys :wink:

Are you not supposed to hose the car first to knock off any sand / grit before sponging?  Otherwise you drag the sand / grit around with your sponge!

I forgot that bit :embarassed:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

TeddyKGB

« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2007, 19:52 »
Goes without saying

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #13 on: 29 May 2007, 08:46 »
Surely a good polish eery now and then will keep the car lookin good even if you use a jet washer?
We have these wipes which you use after the car is dry. smells like vanilla and shines both the plastics and bodywork.  :huh:

In the last seven years of using a pressure cleaner on the pajero and BMW we have never had to have either cars polished nor does the paint look dull or anything.

Oh well.......

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #14 on: 04 June 2007, 12:42 »
Back to the original problem . . .  :rolleyes:

I'm sure I mentioned before that this is a very common VAG problem - with the "convenience module" ECU.  You are gonna have to take it back to the stealers, and demand they fit a new ECU - though, because you refuse to take it to them previously, they may need to see the car on a couple of occasions before VW SA allow them to order a new ECU.
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #15 on: 06 June 2007, 07:47 »
 :undecided:

Is it not just a code error? Cant they fix it without taking the car apart? The Technician said the door panels etc would have to come off.  :sick:

Thanks for the help everyone. greatly appreciated.

Mike

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #16 on: 06 June 2007, 13:08 »

Is it not just a code error?

It might well throw an error code - but that code may well state sommat like "fcuked Convenience Module ECU - please replace"!

Cant they fix it without taking the car apart? The Technician said the door panels etc would have to come off.  :sick:

You may be lucky, and all they need to do is plug in their VAS5051, interrogate the module, tweak a few settings - and Bob's your Aunts Brother.  However, if it is an ECU, then it is usually hidden under one of the seats.  I doubt very much that it is the actual window "hardware", ie, the motors, 'cause they go up and down properly under normal use!
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #17 on: 07 June 2007, 07:13 »
Ok...

After about an hour of constant begging and persuasion my mom has booked it in. i told one or two white lies :rolleyes: But at least she has agreed to take it in. Will let you guys know what happens.

Join our group now!

Offline GTI CV7

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 07 June 2007, 07:43 »

Is it not just a code error? Cant they fix it without taking the car apart? The Technician said the door panels etc would have to come off.  :sick:

They shouldn't need to touch the door cards. If one of the window regulators was acting up then perhaps as each motor has an electronic module which controls the soft stop and anti-trap. This is a 'global opening' issue as it affects all windows at the same time. There is a central module, and this fault can be casued by water ingress. (on some cars the windows open automatically in the event of the car turuning over in an accident)

TT's right about demanding a new module, as they're guaranteed to report no fault found when they investigate.

As a quick thought, you know pressing the open door button on the key fob for a few seconds will cause all the windows to open while the button's pressed? (and they'll close with the lock button) Is it possible that someone's done this accidently?
Also, were the doors unlocked and did the alarm go off?
Red GTD 5dr, Leather, 18", RNS510, Dynaudio, Bluetooth and Park Assist

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #19 on: 07 June 2007, 07:50 »
At first i figured it was the key fob causing the problem and showed my mom how it works. But she is extra careful and it still does it. The car only does it when it is locked. And it tends to do it within a few days of being washed.

Although the windows were all open the alarm didnt go off (not that I know of)
Its all kinda confusing....

Join our group now!