Author Topic: Doc technical advice please...  (Read 2333 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Doc technical advice please...
« on: 06 November 2006, 11:22 »
Hi again.

I posted a thread about my full spec golf gti causing problems etc. You guys (and girls) really helped with some answers but I spoke to the family and we are going to try fixing the car ourselves. We dont trust the dealer (who still hasnt come back to us about the dud battery they replaced) but thats what we were expecting anyway....  :undecided: SIGH

You mentinoned that I should us VAG-COM to run a diagnostic on the car, but we are unable to get hold of the cables. You also mentioned that we should try see if its maybe a setting on the highline computer that is possibly the reason for the windows continuasly going down by themselves when the car is locked.  :sick:

So heres the question. My car is built in South Africa and its a full house model. It doesnt have the navigation system because my mother would never use it :grin: (she only travels a few kilometres a day)  :grin: So my question is this. How do you know if your car has a highline computer? Surely the specs on the SA GTI are differant to that found over-seas? I have read the other threads but I just want to make sure.

Then my second question is, who here can give me more info on the CCM Controller? Maybe some pictures of where it is situated and how to reset or how you can change the seting on it. I believe it is under the steering wheel but I cant find it.  :angry: Rhyso sasy that the CCM controls the electric windows. So gonna try that..... :cry:

How do you know if your car is built in South Africa or if its an import???? :embarassed:

Thanks in adavance.

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: Doc technical advice please...
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2006, 18:07 »
This is a high line computer.

Its twice the height of a standard one!

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2006, 18:15 »
Man those blue needles are sweet....
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 06 November 2006, 18:23 »

Offline dalgleish00

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 07 November 2006, 09:31 »
how come the needles and dials look different to mine? Is that the R32 dash or is it just the camera playing tricks? :grin:
05 Pearl Black GTI DSG - most extras

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #5 on: 07 November 2006, 10:22 »
Thanks for the pics!

Very useful, will check this weekend. Can you still have a highline computer without the navigational system? Cos we dont have the nav system. Or the DSG gearbox.... :embarassed:

Those blue dials look really awesome. We got plain boring red dials....... :undecided:
Does the R32 come out as a five door over there? That was the deciding factor between the GTI and its faster (very much faster) brother the R32.... :evil:

Once again thank you in advance

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #6 on: 07 November 2006, 10:24 »
Thanks for the pics!

Very useful, will check this weekend. Can you still have a highline computer without the navigational system? Cos we dont have the nav system. Or the DSG gearbox.... :embarassed:

Those blue dials look really awesome. We got plain boring red dials....... :undecided:
Does the R32 come out as a five door over there? That was the deciding factor between the GTI and its faster (very much faster) brother the R32.... :evil:

Once again thank you in advance

Join our group now!

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 07 November 2006, 14:50 »
Those are thoroughbred R32 dials me thinks.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 07 November 2006, 19:05 »
100% pure R32 dials - mine!

Q. Very useful, will check this weekend. Can you still have a highline computer without the navigational system? Cos we dont have the nav system. Or the DSG gearbox....

A. Yes you can have it as a stand alone option

Q. Those blue dials look really awesome. We got plain boring red dials....... 
Does the R32 come out as a five door over there? That was the deciding factor between the GTI and its faster (very much faster) brother the R32....

A. 5 Door is available, yes!

Ok matey  :wink: