Author Topic: OEM rare parts  (Read 31076 times)

Offline busterdub

• GTI forum regular
OEM rare parts
« on: 23 May 2011, 11:16 »
hi all

currently working on my new project mk3 colour concept, going down the oem rare parts theme. yeah i know not the cheapest theme

so i have sourced a few parts like climbtronic, the rear shelf speakers..........

i know about the us spec arm rest, and the jap import steering wheel, and i believe there is a henry loyd?? splitter??

is there any other little gems i have missed?

Offline Rmachines

• I live here
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
Re: OEM rare parts
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2011, 12:17 »
CD/cassete holder for the centre console storage hole, the cassette tape holder is rare, and the CD even rarer.
10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

Offline trog_nfs

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2011, 12:20 »
Cup holders in the drivers door pocket, Seat belt warning light, GTI edition interior

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2011, 12:23 »

so i have sourced a few parts like climbtronic,

I guess you mean climate control panel, are you aware that it is major work to get that working and more than the panel is needed.

Offline busterdub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2011, 12:42 »

I guess you mean climate control panel, are you aware that it is major work to get that working and more than the panel is needed.

yes mate, i have got everything the vents, the heater box with a new matrix...................and yeah tell me about the work involved!! haha but it will make it a tad more special as i am planning to keep the car for a long time as a weekend car so i know it will take a while so not in a rush

Offline busterdub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2011, 12:43 »
CD/cassete holder for the centre console storage hole, the cassette tape holder is rare, and the CD even rarer.

got the cassette one a lucky scrap yard find worked out a £2!! happy days

Offline busterdub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2011, 12:46 »
Cup holders in the drivers door pocket, Seat belt warning light, GTI edition interior

got a colour concept so i have the heated recaros but got a rear bench with head rests and arm rest will be re trimmed at some point to match!!

yeah i for got about the cup holders and warning light!! cheers

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2011, 12:50 »

yes mate, i have got everything the vents, the heater box with a new matrix...................and yeah tell me about the work involved!! haha but it will make it a tad more special as i am planning to keep the car for a long time as a weekend car so i know it will take a while so not in a rush

It will be a complete ballache to get it in and working, the dash has to come out etc, is it really worth it.  :undecided:

Offline trog_nfs

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2011, 12:58 »

It will be a complete ballache to get it in and working, the dash has to come out etc, is it really worth it.  :undecided:

Think of the scene points Wayne!

Offline dazzawest1987

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2011, 12:59 »
Lower glove box maybe? Not rare enough?