Author Topic: What decent splitters fit onto mk3 front bumper?  (Read 26271 times)

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
Re: What decent splitters fit onto mk3 front bumper?
« Reply #20 on: 30 January 2011, 22:23 »
My Passat Duckbill turned up this morning  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'll fit it and get some pics asap.
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline Kimmy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 30 January 2011, 22:37 »
My Passat Duckbill turned up this morning  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'll fit it and get some pics asap.

It was delivered on a Sunday? Now that's a good service! Get some pics up dude.

Kimmy

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 31 January 2011, 13:42 »
Also, whoever said it fit was a liar  :grin:

Both the bumper and the spoiler need modification
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 31 January 2011, 16:37 »
It'll fit alright, it needs some trimming and modding though. Anything that didn't come on your region's mk3 option list or isn't mk3 specific from a reputable aftermarket brand will need modding to fit. Doesn't stop them looking damn good and working well with the lines of the car though.
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 31 January 2011, 16:42 »
Yeah, that post was in jest.  It needs minor modification but I wasn't in a position to do it today.  Wouldn't mind speaking to someone that had done to to find the easiest way.

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
« Reply #25 on: 31 January 2011, 17:16 »
after driving my car now with new wheels i have decided i need a new splitter as my vr6 deep one is hitting everything and keeps popping out at the side.

put the original gti one back on for now but the car just dont have the same look as the side are thin.

realy want the vento gl one.
would i have to go to a vw dealer for one of these and how much are the splitters if so?
also what year vento would i have to ask for one for?

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 31 January 2011, 17:20 »
after driving my car now with new wheels i have decided i need a new splitter as my vr6 deep one is hitting everything and keeps popping out at the side.

put the original gti one back on for now but the car just dont have the same look as the side are thin.

would i have to go to a vw dealer for one of these and how much are the splitters if so?

its not a vr6 splitter...

its a deep chin splitter and came fitted to early gti's. you could always mod a seat cordoba split to fit.

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
« Reply #27 on: 31 January 2011, 17:25 »

its not a vr6 splitter...

its a deep chin splitter and came fitted to early gti's. you could always mod a seat cordoba split to fit.

actuly mine is an ebay deep chin jobby.

i love the look of car with it on but its just to low. and the gti one looks crap.
the vento gl one looks like deep one but also looks not so deep so i would get the look im after.

Offline AndyMk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 31 January 2011, 19:14 »
Seriously how can I get the Henri lloyd splitter?

Offline mellow yellow

• I live here
  • A Driffield Dubber!
« Reply #29 on: 31 January 2011, 20:49 »
Yeah, that post was in jest.  It needs minor modification but I wasn't in a position to do it today.  Wouldn't mind speaking to someone that had done to to find the easiest way.

get pics up dude, been thinking of one of these for a while but not sure how it would look. i'll let you make up your mind.