Author Topic: MK3 Lower Bumper vents...**3 sets left!**  (Read 27728 times)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
MK3 Lower Bumper vents...**3 sets left!**
« on: 10 February 2010, 15:51 »
Ok, I have had a few pm's about the lower bumper vents i used to sell..

If people are still interested, i will be willing to order in batches of ten but don't really wanted them sitting about as i make very little on them exept for a bit of beer money...

Taken from the original thread... Here...

they are made of abs plastic and are great quality, they fit really well, i have the promo photo but i dont think its these exact vents, i will try and get a pic of them on my car to show you how well they sit.

Anyways, i can get them delivered to your door for 25 quid.

Does anyone want a set?

Just to prove a point, look on ebay, or any other sellers and your talking about fibreglass vents in the region of 30 quid before they are even delivered. These are ABS with clips to hold them in place, so they dont even need to be bonded in.

here are the vents

if you fancy a set let me know.
« Last Edit: 06 April 2014, 10:23 by bored_Welsh_lad »
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
Re: MK3 Lower Bumper vents...
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2010, 15:53 »
Add your name to this list if you want them...

Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2010, 15:56 »
Normally this is something I wouldn't bother sticking on my car but a very good friend of mine gave me a pair (brand new still in box) and I have to say I am VERY impressed.

They're really strong and don't feel flimsy, and they're very subtle unlike the horrid FK ones available.

To add to the above, I managed to hit a grass verge when we had all that snow, I broke the bottom half of the bumper (where the splitter clips in) but these were perfectly fine :shocked:

I'd definately recommend these so get your names down peeps :afro:
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline madgti

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2010, 16:00 »
1.madgti  :grin:

kells

« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2010, 16:16 »
my FK ones are very strong joe, you must have had some fake items? i find they fit alot beter than any ohters iv come across and look a lil more meaner  :evil:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2010, 16:20 »
my FK ones are very strong joe, you must have had some fake items? i find they fit alot beter than any ohters iv come across and look a lil more meaner  :evil:

+1 I had the FK ones were excellent quality.

Offline axewielder

• I live here
  • 95 dragon 8v
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2010, 16:22 »
1.madgti  grin
2.Axewielder  :cool:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2010, 16:26 »
I've got some of bored_welsh_lad's vents in mine and as joe said, great fitment, great strength and good quality! They make great brake coolers or cold air intake for the airbox! I know I'd buy them again if I was to sell the car.

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2010, 17:02 »

Maybe I should have worded it a little better! My FK ones were SOLID, but they weren't as subtle and they were a crap fit because I had to bend parts of the bumper support bar and get longer bolts
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

kells

« Reply #9 on: 10 February 2010, 17:05 »
yeah i also used extra bolts, but they just look sooo much better, if you look at some of the pics of cars with the vents on this thread, some dont look to fit well at all so i guess its down to the end user on how they fit etc, i would have had some of these myself but i just didnt like the look of them compaired to the style of the FK ones, its just my personal opinion really  :cool: